Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Check In (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Introduce Yourself (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532)

BlueFire 03-18-2015 09:07 PM

How Ya Livin Now

Awesome! I'm Bluefire..Hello everyone..I get a daily reprieve to stay sober and I rely daily on a power greater than myself.

MajestyJo 03-19-2015 09:22 PM

Glad to see you keep coming back BlueFire.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice-7/0034.gif

Stacy 03-27-2015 02:36 PM

Getting ready to sponsor someone who is having a real tough time.

MajestyJo 03-27-2015 05:23 PM

Welcome Stacy, thank you for signing in and saying hello. We have a section on sponsorship. Prayers for your new sponsee.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...4000_0_1_0.png

Reyna777 03-28-2015 10:03 PM

Newcomer

Hello, my name is Rhonda, my nick name is Reyna and I am new to this site; but not to recovery/relapse. I currently have 73 days clean and sober! I have a sponsor, I don't always attend meetings regularly, but I am working the program, and doing my 5th, 6th, and 7th steps tomorrow. Today I am using my tools and taking action agaisnt my dis-ease of addiction. Thanks for letting me share!:60:

bluidkiti 03-29-2015 07:50 AM

Hi Rhonda, :17: Congratulations on your sober and clean time! I am so glad you decided to join us here. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great Sunday! :42:

MajestyJo 03-29-2015 02:02 PM

Welcome Reyna, so glad you made the decision to join our family. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0206.gif

nools 03-30-2015 10:40 AM

I just joined this forum. I am a recovering addict and alcoholic since 1988. I had to go on anti depressants in 2006 due to a depression brought about by the menopause. Since then I have been on and off them and obsessing about them and alternative therapies to make me feel better. However 9 months ago I decided just to take the medication and not think about it. The doctor has given me Diazapam on a few occasions and now I want to take it all the time. I am prescribed to take it 2.5mgs when I feel I need to. Lately I've started to obsess about this drug and fight not to take it for the wrong reasons. That and painkillers with codeine. I think about the painkillers a lot but don't buy them. they have 30mgs of codeine - now I don't know if I have a problem or I am making a problem up for myself. that's what I do. I make problems and issues out of nothing. My marriage is in the process of breaking up, I have a severely autistic mentally retarded son and my mother died last week. I am the bread winner in the family that is breaking up and I feel bitter and angry about that and struggle there too

MajestyJo 03-30-2015 02:13 PM

Welcome to the site Nools. Thank you for signing in and sharing. I was told when I went into recovery, that the body manufactures the pain and tells us that we need more.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor and your sponsor. A drug is a drug, no matter what shape or form it takes. Don't play doctor with your life. I am going to my doctor's today because he put me on a medication for my tremon disorder, I do not like how it makes me feel, I find it to be mind altering and have been having head aches and I want to come off of it, and yet, I don't want to have the tremons so bad that I can't operate and help myself.

They have tried me on many anti-depressants and I just can't take the side affects and the weight gain and refuse to take them. I have been on over 10 different kinds. I have been on two Alprazolam 0.25 mg a day, for my muscles, not my nerves for years, I don't abuse them, but they are the only thing that works for me for my Fibromyalgia.

I was addicted to them, and abused them along with many other things for years. There are days when I don't take the two. I only take them to relax the muscles so that when I lie down, my muscles don't scream and cause me a lot of pain. I use to hate going to bed and lying down and developed bad sleeping habits. Only you can decide, but I would suggest you get honest with your doctor.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0222.gif

sickiv 03-31-2015 06:29 AM

Hi there 😀 my name is Vicki B. Aka Sicki . I live in Wetumpka Alabama and belong to a home group called Happy Hour in Montgomery . I enjoy reading the posts and really appreciate the service that you provide carrying the message 🌟

sickiv 03-31-2015 06:39 AM

I read your post Nools and wanted to share my experience , Strength and hope with you for what ts worth . I've been sober a few 24 hours and I am approaching 53 and have suffered with this menopause for a few years . I couldn't believe how powerful the hormones are . I was up front and honest with my doctor and she did suggest antidepressants - I hesitated for a long time because of my upbringing in the rooms and so many old ideas . Through prayer and support from others I realized its medically necessary fir for my mental state . I've been on Wellbutrin 150 for a while and I'm ok with it . Of course my alcoholic mind tells me I don't need them anymore and stop taking them . I will iif and when along with my doctors care through that process . I guess what I'm saying is " to thine own self be true " talk to your sponsor and your individual network . That's not something I talk about at group level . Keep Tudging ����

MajestyJo 03-31-2015 10:06 PM

Welcome to the site Vicki, so glad you signed in to say hello. Thank you for sharing your experience, strength and hope. I am glad they worked for you, they do for some people, they didn't work for me. They tell me I shouldn't take my medication, but it is the only thing that works for me and I don't misuse and abuse it.

It is so important that we don`t play doctor with our own life and with the life of others. What is good for one may not be good for someone else. I had lunch with a lady today. She is a new neighbor and we exchanged phone numbers. She talked about her medication and arthritis and she said that she became aware that when they took away her Tyenol 3s and told her to take Extra-Strength Tyenol, she took more. I share with her, the body manufactures the pain to tell you that you need more. I know for me, more was never enough. I found myself with a resentment and hurt that my doctor prescribed pills for me, without discussing the matter with me first. This is the third time he has done this, written the script, and faxed it to the pharmacy. I didn`t know what it was until I picked it up and refused the medication when I went to pick it up. His words were, I will get you something that will fix you all up. I am hoping I won`t have to change doctor`s again. He is my third doctor in recovery.

Looking forward to sharing with you.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...yN8arQLflmQcCQ

New_Life 04-16-2015 10:43 AM

Hi, New Life here! Brand new to the site with a question.

Hi Everyboby,

I'm wondering do your hands have to shake to be a alcoholic?

KenanG 04-16-2015 06:28 PM

Hello from Istanbul

Hello everybody!

This is Kenan, a newcomer from Istanbul. Warm greetings to everybody.
Amazing website/forum!
Many Thanks to the Admins, the people posting, and all other recovering ones...
Good to be among you!

All my best wishes...

MajestyJo 04-17-2015 12:36 AM

Welcome New Life and Kenan, so glad you both found us and made the decision to join our family. Hope you will both continue to come and share your journey with us.

New life, I don't think it is a qualification. I personally have a tremon disorder and to make my hands STOP shaking, all I have to do is pick up a drink. How ironic is that?

wbates 04-17-2015 08:20 AM

Hi Everyone!!
My name is Wendy and I am an alcoholic and an addict. I have 24 days clean today, & I am quite pleased with that considering I didn't think I could get thru 24 hrs, or even 24 minutes lol I would like to say THANX SO MUCH for allowing me to come back each day and read all of the wonderful posts!! They really, REALLY help me start each day with a dose of recovery instead of drugs and alcohol 😁😁😁

I'm off to partial treatment this morning.. Have a BLESSED DAY!! 😇😇😇

MajestyJo 04-17-2015 11:49 AM

Welcome Wendy, thanks for signing in and saying hello. All the best on your journey, hope you will continue to come and share it with us.

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...osx6u181lf.gif

New_Life 04-17-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajestyJo (Post 39743)
Welcome New Life and Kenan, so glad you both found us and made the decision to join our family. Hope you will both continue to come and share your journey with us.

New life, I don't think it is a qualification. I personally have a tremon disorder and to make my hands STOP shaking, all I have to do is pick up a drink. How ironic is that?

Wow, sorry to hear that. And Thanks for your reply., you are correct, sometime after I posted this I Googled it and what it says is that not all alcoholics have all the same symptoms.

lesleygraham 04-19-2015 08:32 AM

Hello again...

My name is Lesley and I seem to have lost touch with this wonderful site. My sobriety date is 12/23/2009 and I am a grateful member of AA. I live in Raleigh NC with my soon to be 14 year old daughter - we have 2 dogs and 1 guinea pig at the moment but have had numerous hamsters (7 babies at one time... but I digress).
I am honored to be here with all of you.

dhartly22 04-19-2015 09:04 AM

gm another day in paradise. living the aa way of life is the best choice ive ever made and thank you all for helping me along the journey....hugs..... dave h.:13:

New_Life 04-19-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleygraham (Post 39815)
My name is Lesley and I seem to have lost touch with this wonderful site. My sobriety date is 12/23/2009 and I am a grateful member of AA. I live in Raleigh NC with my soon to be 14 year old daughter - we have 2 dogs and 1 guinea pig at the moment but have had numerous hamsters (7 babies at one time... but I digress).
I am honored to be here with all of you.

Welcome Lesley! I am new to this site as well.

bluidkiti 04-19-2015 11:26 AM

Hi Lesley and Dave, :17: It is so great to have you both join us.

Lesley, I live about 12 minutes east of Raleigh. :)

I hope you both will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great day! :D

MajestyJo 04-19-2015 08:51 PM

Welcome Lesley and Dave, thank you for stopping and saying hello. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

Rondo 04-27-2015 01:52 PM

Check In

Hello all,

My name is Ron, aka Rondo. I have been sober since 10/8/14 and am enjoying my new life as a result of AA.

Thanks.

Arbogast 05-08-2015 02:04 PM

Hello

Hi. I'm Steve. Alcoholic Addict. In recovery now. Living in Stuart, Fl.

MajestyJo 05-08-2015 02:30 PM

Welcome Ron, sorry I missed your post. Thank you for signing in and saying hello. Hope you will continue to come and share your recovery with us.

MajestyJo 05-08-2015 02:34 PM

Welcome Steve, so glad to have you with us. Thanks for signing in and saying hello.

bigsmitty 05-26-2015 09:50 AM

Hi everyone I'm Greg and I'm an alcoholic. Happy to be here, grateful to be part of such a positive and constructive group and wish everyone a super 24. Thanks, Greg

MajestyJo 05-26-2015 06:22 PM

Welcome Greg, thank you for stopping and saying hello. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

I like this little guy, he reminds me to take the journey inward.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0215.gif

ljportelli 06-05-2015 10:39 AM

Good morning!

Just popping in to say hey. Been visiting the page for a while now . This place is a miracle, Correction - it is many miracles in one place. It continues to save my life and propel my recovery. Many months ago I prayed for a single source for my prayer and meditation. I was looking for substance and something that would stretch my soul. The God of my understanding is never cheap. He gifts me beyond measure every single time. The cup really does run over!

Briefly, I've been an alcoholic for many years and went cold turkey after being pulled over one night on a dirt road in the middle of the night. A very sobering experience to say the least, I'm presently in another addiction program and enjoy sponsoring and helping people make strides in recovery.

I am feeling especially isolated right now. I have many health issues, and I'm also a caregiver for my partner and mom. Down time is rare at times, and i get stretched thin. Self-care, self-care!

Would you do me a favor? If there's something I can do to make your journey easier, would you touch base with me? It would mean a lot to me. Feels good to feel useful, you know?

Y'all have a wonder-filled day :)

Peace!

bluidkiti 06-05-2015 10:58 AM

:67: ljportelli, :17: So glad to have you join us. I do hope you will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great weekend! :)

MajestyJo 06-14-2015 06:06 PM

Welcome ljportelli, sorry I haven't been here to greet you. I have been isolated as a result of my own health issues, and it has been difficult not being able to be on the boards to share. Even my meditation cards told me to connect and share with others. I am fortunate that I have had a couple of friends to share with while I haven't been able to be here as well as my sponsor.

The material on the site has been here for me, new and old. I just have to reach out and look for it. It is surprising how I can go to a section, click on a post and what I need to hear and see is there waiting to speak to me.

Hope you will be able to continue to come and share your journey with us.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0177.gif

Speery1 06-26-2015 07:29 AM

Introduction

Hey everyone! My name is Suzanne and I am an alcoholic. In July I will celebrate my second first year of sobriety. I had one year and then left and was out for another 8. I guess I had to be sure. There is no doubt about it.. Glad to be here and be sober!!:17:

bluidkiti 06-28-2015 06:33 AM

Hi Suzanne, :17: I am so glad that you decided to join us here. Congratulations on your upcoming 2 years! :29: I hope you will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great Sunday! :42:

Liddie 06-29-2015 03:18 PM

the steps

Welcome back!
I had 31 years as of 3.19.15
The only thing that means is that I know. .. you never have to go back out. You can recover from the hopeless state of mind...
This promise is the result of working the steps.
If you want what we have and are willing to go to any lengths. .. hey a sponsor... who has working knowledge of the big book. ..
Have her take you thru the steps and be as open and honest... thorough as you can be.
Instead of "keep coming back"...
Just "stay".:42:

bluidkiti 06-30-2015 08:21 AM

Congratulations on 31 years Liddie!! :29: I hope you will continue to come and share your experience, strength and hope with us! Have a great Tuesday! :42:

jitenthomast@gmail.com 06-30-2015 09:54 PM

Hi,I'm jiten. I'm an addict and alcoholic,I'm New to this forum I have been clean since the two and half yrs.

bluidkiti 07-01-2015 06:32 AM

Hi jiten, It is great having you join us here. Congratulations on your clean time! :29: I hope you will keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great Wednesday! :D

Debralynn 07-02-2015 08:04 AM

Good morning to all. Very grateful to find this site. Fling blessed right now sitting here with my coffee and no longer feeling alone. I live in a remote area and now I have another place to feel safe. My name is Debra and I am an addict with all the isms. Have a awesome day and thank u for leet in me be apart of.😆

bluidkiti 07-02-2015 09:15 AM

Hey Debra, :17: So glad to have you join us here. I look forward to hearing more from you. Have a great Thursday! :42: