Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Forum (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Thoughts Just For Today (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150)

MajestyJo 11-14-2014 10:15 AM

Quotations for Motivation, Inspiration or Contemplation

http://angelwinks.ca/images/iq/qc2kittyhug3.jpg

Thought Of The Day
No matter how challenging or demanding your challenges seem to you, you shouldn't stop confronting them. Yes! You have to soldier on, persevere through all of them until you surmount them outright."
Written in 2014 by Emeasoba George --- Nigeria

Thought For The Day
If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present."
Written in 2014 by Abhishek Shukla --- India

Thoughts Of The Day
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself."
Tecumseh --- Submitted by Jack Hayes --- Ohio

MajestyJo 11-16-2014 03:33 AM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...faces/0168.gif

PICTURE HOW YOU WANT YOUR DAY TO GO! THEN PUT IT OUT TO THE UNIVERSE AND SEE WHAT YOU GET BACK!

DON'T LOOK AT WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE, BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU DO HAVE! THE PAST IS GONE, ENJOY THE GIFT OF THE HERE AND NOW!

MajestyJo 11-20-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Sorry if this is a duplicate. A reminder of Lois's story to be shown on TV. Without her and Bill's efforts we wouldn't be here.

The Lois Wilson Story, Hazelden's artfully written biography of the co-founder of Al-Anon, is now a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie starring Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper.

Tune in to CBS on April 25 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT to watch When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story, a beautifully produced movie that explores the life and times of Lois Wilson, the spirited co-creator of Al-Anon and wife of Alcoholics Anonymous co-founder Bill Wilson. Acclaimed writer and filmmaker William G. Borchert, who interviewed Lois in creating a realistic portrait of this incredible woman, authored both the book and screenplay.

The new special movie edition of the book The Lois Wilson Story: When Love is Not Enough is now available, just in time to get swept up in the written story while catching it on screen. Watch a clip When Love is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story on You Tube.

This intimate account reveals how the couple rose from a life of despair to institute one of the twentieth century's most important social movements, and how Lois created a legacy of hope for millions of families devastated by addiction through her uncommon love and unshakable faith.

The title of this movie gave me food for thought today. How true it was in my own life, not only in my relationships but towards myself. I was always looking for love from the other person because I could not find it within myself. I felt like I needed the other person to make me whole and complete.

So many of my relationships where so needy, and as I have said before, when I get needy, I get greedy. I put so many expectations on others with no thought as to whether they were capable of meeting them or even understanding them when often I didn't know myself what it was I needed. All I knew was 'more' and it never seemed to be enough.

Thank God for the healing of this program.

posted on another site in 2010

MajestyJo 11-20-2014 09:07 PM

When Love Is Not Enough

Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you..

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4.. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you! least expect them to.

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/m/mi...ice-915000.gif

MajestyJo 11-25-2014 01:10 AM

MajestyJo 12-01-2014 03:43 AM

A trip into the past

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transpor...rains/0052.gif

Some folks ride the train of life
Looking out the rear
Watching miles of life roll by
And marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrance
Of wasted days gone by
And curse their life for what it was
And hang their head and cry.

But I don't concern myself with that
I took a different vent
I look forward to what life holds
And not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine
As securely as I can be
I want to be out on the front
To see what I can see.

I want to feel the winds of change
Blowing in my face
I want to see what life unfolds
As I move from place to place.

I want to see what's coming up
Not looking at the past
Life's too short for yesterdays
It moves along too fast.

So if the ride gets bumpy
While you are looking back
Go up front, and you may find
Your life has jumped the track.

It's alright to remember
That's part of history
But up front's where it's happening
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living
Is not where we have been
It's looking ever forward
To another year and ten.

It's searching all the byways
Never should you refrain
For if you want to live your life
You gotta drive the train.

Author Unknown to me

MajestyJo 12-01-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Why We Feel Pain

If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I am a Healer?

If you never had to pray, How would you know that I am a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an over comer?

If you never felt sadness, How would you know that I am a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, How would you know that I am a forgiver?

If you knew all, How would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you never were in trouble, How would you know that I will come to your rescue

If you never were broken, Then how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, How would you know that I can solve them?

If you never had any suffering, Then how would you know what I went through?

If you never went through the fire, Then how would you become pure?

If I gave you all things, How would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, How would you know that I love you?

If you had all power, Then how would you learn to depend on me?

If your life was perfect, Then what would you need me for?

Love,
Jesus

God our Father, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus name, Amen.

Found this on JoAnne's Recovery Site

MajestyJo 12-04-2014 07:05 AM

Remember the reason for the season:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...vvORnKXrj8wddg

MajestyJo 12-12-2014 11:16 PM

MajestyJo 12-15-2014 10:14 AM

TRY SMILING

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice/0232.gif

When the weather suits you not,
Try smiling.
When your coffee isn’t hot,
Try smiling.
When your neighbors don’t do right,
Or your relatives all fight,
Sure ‘tis hard, but then you might
Try smiling.

Doesn’t change the things ,of course–
Just smiling.
But it can not make them worse—
Just smiling.
And it seems to help your case,
Brightens up a gloomy place,
Then, it sort o’ rests your face—
Just smiling,

Unkown

MajestyJo 12-16-2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book"

The slogans work much better when you decorate your life with them rather than decorating the walls with them.

Really like this. They are meant to be applicable, not just quoted and said in rote. So often we say the words but don't apply the meaning or the action behind them to our lives.

As you all know, one of my favorite sayings is "Take the words off the page and apply it to your life."

Had a real problem with the slogan "Live and Let Live." Couldn't figure out why until I found out I wasn't "Living" my own life. I spent so many years living my life through others, my family and friends, that I had no identity of my own.

It didn't mean that I had to have a rip roaring time each day, I didn't have to cut the rug and be in style, I just had to be and live my life to the best of my ability.

Post from 2009 on another site
Slogans was the topic. I think the one we all agree on is One Day At A Time.

My favorite is "Let it begin with me." Makes things right with my God, examine my motives and intent, and process what is mine.

For many years I didn't like the slogan Live and let live. Didn't have much understanding until I finally heard someone say, "Live your own life, and let the other person live theirs. The key is live not live through the other person like I did for so many years.

I went to a meeting in early recovery and they had a slogan tree. On the top was "Use it or lose it! My immediate thought was "I lost it a long time ago, not sure I can get it back." Not realizing that my recovery needs to be current, in today, not living in the past or projecting into the future. It was followed by 'utilized' not 'criticize' which I had done for years. It seemed like I was on the receiving end of both. Always used and put upon and then criticized for not doing it right.

But for the Grace of God, I would not be here. I will be eternally grateful for His Goodness that brought me to the doors of recovery. As they say, gratitude is an actions word, so I will keep coming so I don't have to back.

posted in 2011 in reply
The Slogans are a handy tool to have around. In the beginning they were mini-steps, they were life-savers, and now they are well worn tools that I won't leave home without.

http://gifs.gifmania.co.il/Animated-...s-red-bird.gif

MajestyJo 12-20-2014 10:19 AM

Healthy Ways for a Stress-Free Holiday Season

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...idays/0059.gif

The stress of the holidays can lead people to address it in
various ways. Some methods are healthy and productive,
others are harmful and destructive. Using, alcohol, drugs,
and food to cope with the stress of the holidays is common
but unhealthy and potentially dangerous. It can lead to a
continuous pattern and possibly turn into an addiction.
Rather than take this risk, consider following the suggestions
to cope with the stress of the holidays in a healthy way.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20047544

It was important for me to tap into a support system and I went to my local AA Social Club where they put on meetings and had Christmas dinners for people who did not have families. I had dinner with my family then went to be with those who were alone Christmas evening and to help put on a meeting.

MajestyJo 12-26-2014 01:39 PM

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
(written by kids)

You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
-- Alan, age 10

No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
-- Kristen, age 10

2. WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.
-- Camille, age 10

3. HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
-- Derrick, age 8

4. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
Both don't want any more kids.
-- Lori, age 8

5. WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
-- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure)

On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
-- Martin, age 10

6. WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
When they're rich.
-- Pam, age 7 ( Love her )

-The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.
- - Curt, age 7

-The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.
- - Howard, age 8

7. IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
-- Anita, age 9 (bless you child )

8. HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?
There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?
-- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favourite is .......

9. HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck.
-- Ricky, age 10

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christma...-love/0004.gif

MajestyJo 12-27-2014 07:15 AM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...stmas/0074.gif

She would greet us pleasantly, and immediately she seemed to surround the chaotic atmosphere of morning strife with something of order, of efficient and quiet uniformity, so that one had the feelings that life was small and curiously ordered.

- Meridel LeSueur

Whew! Isn't it a relief to know that there are people in the world who are so present to the moment that when they enter a chaotic atmosphere they create calm? This calm is not born of control or manipulation. This calm is born of presence.

Only a person who is present to herself carries a feeling of serenity with her. As we work the Twelve-Step Program, we begin to experience this kind of serenity for ourselves.

Order that comes out of control is full of tension. Order that comes out of rigidity is full of strife. Order that comes out of serenity is peaceful.

MajestyJo 12-30-2014 03:19 AM

Quit your bellyaching. Remember when and put some gratitude into your attitude. Quit blaming others, quit looking outside of yourself and go within and find the Quiet to talk to your God. Quit doing what you always did, because you will always get what you use to get when you were using. Do you want to quit or continue on abusing yourself and others.

Try to quicken your step and your process by working the Steps. Quicken your thinking and lessen your stress by going to the God of your understanding and in the quiet and the stillness of your mind , connect with Him/Her and know that all is well. Quit worrying, and wait on your God to show you the way. If He/She leads you to it, you will be shown through it, without stepping in the quagmire of our minds and wallowing in self pity and depression.

It may seem quaint and old fashioned to quit drinking and not being a part of the in crowd, but it won`t be so cool if your life quits as a result of your disease. You don`t have to quit living because you get sober. Life is just beginning and you will be quite surprised at how your life changes as a result of being clean and sober.

Something I posted on another site.