Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10169)

bluidkiti 12-16-2016 07:39 AM

December 16

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82:3-4

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

"Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?" Luke 12:24

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16

Psalm 62:5, NIV "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him."

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. —Romans 12:16

A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all... — Psalm 34:19

Hosea 12:6 Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

bluidkiti 12-17-2016 07:30 AM

December 17

"For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield." Psalms 5:12

Zephaniah 3:17, NIV "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. —Romans 12:17-18

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. — Galatians 6:9

bluidkiti 12-18-2016 06:30 AM

December 18

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” – Isaiah 40:3-5

Isaiah 25:9 In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”

bluidkiti 12-19-2016 07:13 AM

December 19

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

John 13:13-14, ESV "You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet."

Luke 9:23, ESV "And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means "God is with us"). - Isaiah 7:14

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. — Ephesians 5:1-2

Deuteronomy 28:9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

Isaiah 49:13 Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

bluidkiti 12-20-2016 07:30 AM

December 20

. . .Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1

Jeremiah 31:25 (NIV) I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.

Thought: The Light of the World shines on you.

Psalm 9:1, NKJV "I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works."

God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. - John 3:17

"Do not be afraid," Samuel replied [to the people of Israel]. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart." —1 Samuel 12:20

bluidkiti 12-21-2016 09:10 AM

December 21

To God belong wisdom and power, counsel and understanding are his. (Job 12:13

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

"For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright." Psalms 11:7

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16

And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins. - Matthew 1:21

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. —Romans 12:21

bluidkiti 12-22-2016 07:43 AM

December 22

Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8

Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. Exodus 23:25

1 John 3:1, ESV "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are."

God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. - 1 John 4:9

But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. – Luke 1:30-31

For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own. —1 Samuel 12:22

Luke 1:68 “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.

bluidkiti 12-23-2016 07:30 AM

December 23

Ask the Lord to help you stand in his strength through whatever challenges you face today.

Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love. Psalm 31:16

1 Peter 4:10, NIV "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."

Jeremiah 31:34 (NIV) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Thought: Unwrap a new heart and a fresh start. God wants you to have it.

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. – Luke 1:38

You believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy. (1 Peter 1:8)

bluidkiti 12-24-2016 06:30 AM

December 24

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:" Colossians 1:16

Busy today? ‘Be still, and know that I am God’ (Psalm 46:10).

John 8:12, ESV "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Psalm 63:1, ESV "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

bluidkiti 12-25-2016 06:42 AM

December 25

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

John 3:16, ESV "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6

My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. — Psalm 121:2-4

"And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us." Luke 2:15

bluidkiti 12-26-2016 06:01 AM

December 26

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

Revelation 4:11, KJV "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

Isaiah 60:1 (NIV) Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.

Thought: There's no place you can go that God can't reach.

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 3:13 (NLT): As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good.

Today’s Thought: We must not get weary in well-doing. Our ultimate goal should be pleasing our Father.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to get tired of doing what is right even though everyone else around me is doing wrong. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. —John 12:26

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. — Jeremiah 17:7

bluidkiti 12-27-2016 10:09 AM

December 27

Grace and peace to you from God our Father (Colossians 1:2)

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Galatians 5:22-23, ESV "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;"

We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Isaiah 60:5 (NIV) Then you will look and be radiant, your heart will throb and swell with joy...

Thought: People "think" they've fallen too far to be forgiven. God has a different plan.

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. - Matthew 28:19

Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Isaiah 26:3-4, NLT "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD God is the eternal Rock."

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. —1 Corinthians 12:27

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. — Proverbs 27:17

bluidkiti 12-28-2016 07:44 AM

December 28

Revelation 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Luke 11:2, KJV "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done..."

Ephesians 2:14 (NIV) For He Himself is our peace...

Thought: Jesus brought us peace with God, so you can make peace with yourself and your past.

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

Psalms 34:4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

bluidkiti 12-29-2016 08:47 AM

December 29

Ask the Lord to lift your spirits as you read his Word today.

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:" Isaiah 44:3

Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Ephesians 2:6 (NIV) God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Thought: It's time to see yourself through God's eyes.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 28:19 (NLT): Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Today’s Thought: We must go out and share the good news with people. Notice it does not say pastors or evangelists. It just says “go”. That means everyone. How are you going to share the love of God with someone today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me the courage to tell someone about You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. — John 1:14

Ezekiel 34:12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.

bluidkiti 12-30-2016 07:25 AM

December 30

If you can, put on some praise and worship music and sing with it. Allow it to focus your mind.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens"

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:17

Philippians 3:13, NLT "No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,"

Ephesians 2:8 (NIV) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Thought: Happy New Year! God wants you to wipe the slate clean.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. - Hebrews 4:16

It is by faith you stand firm. (2 Corinthians 1:24)

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 28:20 (NLT): Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Today’s Thought: Jesus promised us that He would be with us always. This is such a comforting thought. As we end the year and start a new one let’s remember that Jesus is with us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You that You are with us always. I pray as I enter into a new year that I grow in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. — Matthew 5:9

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.