Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Forum (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Thoughts Just For Today (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150)

MajestyJo 07-06-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Today's Reminder from Courage to Change:

My thoughts are my teachers. Are they teaching me to love and appreciate myself and others, or are they teaching me to practice isolation? Today I will choose my teachers with great care.

"Live and let live" sets us free from the compulsion to criticize, judge, condemn and retaliate...[which] can damage us far more than those against whom we use such weapons. Al-Anon helps us to learn tolerance rooted in love.

- This Is Al-Anon
This was today's reading and gave me pause for thought. My thoughts are energy and what I think, I put out to the Universe. What I put out comes back to me.

So much of it calls for good motive and intent. Do I have good intentions towards myself and others. What is my motive for saying and doing what I do (did)?

All pause for thought! (Feb. 2, 2011.

When I re-read the quote, the thought that came to mind was, "Just because I had a feeling or a thought, didn't mean I had to act on it. That was something I had done wrong all of my life. I would see or hear and would immediately presume you were looking or talking about me and often in defense, I felt like I had to retaliate.

There was very little stop before you speak. I would hear things and perceive them as derogatory and hurtful, and would either want to pay you back or would burst out in tears and role play to the hilt. All in response to "It is your fault, look at what you made me do, if you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have...."

I took everything personal. I used my thoughts to beat myself up royally and I used your words as I perceived them to be, which were never validated, to put myself down, or I would hit back and put you down to make me feel better.

An ugly world, an unkind place, and I am glad I don't have to go there any more. I don't have to buy into other people's game and I don't have to role play and be someone I am not.

I had to heal those thoughts. I had to change the thinking. I had to allow myself to heal and forgive myself. Often it was my disease acting out. Many times it was all I knew and what I heard growing up and didn't know my thoughts were outdated.

I had to learn to allow others to have their thoughts. I just had to learn not to buy into them and give them power over me. It was important to not give up my own power. Power that I didn't know I had.

MajestyJo 07-06-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

“Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak.

Probably so we can think twice.” - - Bill Watterson
So true, the same happens with my fingers when I am typing.

Quote:

"Live and let live" sets us free from the compulsion to criticize, judge, condemn and retaliate...[which] can damage us far more than those against whom we use such weapons. Al-Anon helps us to learn tolerance rooted in love. - This Is Al-Anon
Have found over the years that I have learned to hesitate and meditate before I speak. That is a real departure from the old me, even in recovery, I wanted to tell people, who it should be done!

For me to walk away and not react was and is a big step for me. I still may come back and share my own experience, strength, and hope. It just won't be done with resentment and anger. I have always been a person who has believed in standing up for what she believes in. For too many years, mum was the word and it all festered inside, only to explode in anger and hate. I am a firm believer in it isn't about what you say, it is about how you say it. When you let go of the anger and always having to be right, things can be stated in truth. Agreeing to disagree was a wonderful tool in recovery.

I think we all have a right to express our thoughts and feelings. It isn't about being right or wrong, it is about standing in our own truth. It is always my hope that what I say will help others. They don't have to agree with me, all I ask is that they keep an open mind. I try to share food for thought, that was given to me or something I heard from someone, and it gave me food for thought, and I hope it does you too.

MajestyJo 07-07-2014 04:41 PM

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you, you may have touched their life in ways you will never know

I am sure this has been seen by many before today. For me, it always seems to arrive in my mailbox when I have a problem with letting go.

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/icq/sgly1.gif

MajestyJo 07-09-2014 07:28 AM

Identify your feelings. Look for what you need in today in order to recover from As Bill Sees It:

http://csoaamaine.org/absi/

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-bears-love/0111.gif

MajestyJo 07-09-2014 07:34 AM

Thoughts for the Day

Monday, July 7, 2014

What would you do first if you knew
you were about to start growing younger?
Dr. Bernie Siegel

"One can make a day of any size,
and regulate the rising and setting of his own sun
and the brightness of its shining."”
John Muir

“Youth is not a time of life –
it is a state of mind,
a temper of the will,
a quality of the imagination,
a vigor of the emotions,
a freshness of the deep springs of life.
Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years;
people grow old by deserting their ideals.
Years wrinkle the skin,
but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
Whether 60 or 16,
there is in every human heart the lure of wonder,
the undaunted challenge of events,
the unfailing childlike appetite for what’’’’’’s next,
and the joy of the game of living.
We are as young as our self-confidence,
as old as our fear;
as young as our desire, or old as our despair.””

Samuel Ullman

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-bears-love/0077.gif

MajestyJo 07-09-2014 07:38 AM

Thoughts for the Day

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

“Intuition is what I know before I think.”
John Assaraf

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift
and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant
and has forgotten the gift.
We will not solve the problems of the world
from the same level of thinking we were at
when we created them.
More than anything else,
this new century demands new thinking:
We must change our materially based analyses
of the world around us to include broader,
more multidimensional perspectives.”
Albert Einstein
“Trust your own instinct.
Your mistakes might as well be your own,
instead of someone else's.”
Billy Wilder

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-bears-love/0087.gif

MajestyJo 07-10-2014 03:44 PM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...anets/0260.gif

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.
Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

This was my mom's favourite hymn and we played it at her funeral. A celebration of life instead of a loss, because we know her spirit lived on.

MajestyJo 07-12-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Dance through your day

"Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans: it’s lovely to be silly at the right moment."

-- Horace

Today, we invite you to do the Take-Your-Time Tango. In his book ‘Games for the Soul,’ Drew Leder challenges us to dance through our days with the graceful, slow elegance of a tango dancer.

Slow down a notch," Leder counsels. "Do whatever you do in a calm and leisurely fashion. ... As much as possible, don’t be driven by inner fear, external deadlines, or rushed companions to stumble through a speeded-up dance. Act as if you have all the time in the world. Come to think of it, you do: No one else has any more hours."

So stand (or sit) tall. Raise your chin as you gather your full concentration, dignity and self confidence to glide smoothly and beautifully through the day.

"We look at the dance to impart the sensation of living in an affirmation of life, to energize the spectator into keener awareness of the vigor, the mystery, the humor, the variety, and the wonder of life."

-- Martha Graham

Used with permission from Higher Awareness

So much of our life was spent in fear and awaiting life with impending doom. This is a positive way of looking at life with a positive attitude instead of looking through rose-colored glasses.

I am what I think. I am what I feed my body, mind and spirit.
Originally posted on another site om 2005

MajestyJo 07-13-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Be true to yourself

"In the final analysis, we count for something only because of the essential we embody, and if we do not embody that, life is wasted."

-- C.G. Jung

Where are you not being true to yourself?

All blocks arise when we’re not being authentic, when we’re not being true to ourselves. We know we’re not being authentic when we feel discomfort of any kind.

When our thoughts, feelings and actions align with our essence, we express the qualities of soul. Always trust that your soul knows what’s best for you.

Believe in yourself and act on your ideas. Give yourself permission to do what you want with your life. Take the initiative to set meaningful goals for yourself and achieve them. Begin to tell yourself why you CAN have what you want!

"A true knowledge of ourselves is knowledge of our power."

-- Mark Rutherford

(C) Reproductions Permitted: higherawareness.com
Recovery has to begin with me. I can`t, my God can.

MajestyJo 07-15-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Answers in the Heart by Anonymous

Today's thought is:

The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed.
--Chamfort

When we are adrift in our addiction, we take ourselves very seriously and often lose contact with reality. We become lost in fantasy and obsession. Life becomes joyless because we can't see beyond our addiction, and we find no real satisfaction there. We lose touch with the joy and humor of life, and we find that everything around us and inside us is grim and dark. One of the many positive signs of our return to health and sanity is our recovery of the gift of laughter. Each day as we gain more energy and zest of life, we move in to the world and find many things that are humorous, in ourselves and in other people. We laugh and find we are no longer alone. Laughter is the mark of a healthy, happy human being. Laughter shows that we are truly a part of the human community. It is a sign that we are alive and on the way to recovery. I am glad that I can laugh again and feel in touch with myself and others.

A true blessing, is to find something on the shelf to help you in today.

The laughter I had today was directed at myself. Even my horoscope told me not to try to make things happen. Instead of happening, it ended up as a nothing day, every time I went to do something there was a block. It boiled down to taking a day off from the hussle and bussle of the last few days, and in the long run, I achieved what I needed by staying at home and just picking up the phone.

When I get out of my own way, things happen as they should. When I go with the flow, follow the direction of the steps, then things unfold as they should be, rather than the way I would have them be.

As they say, "If you want to make God laugh, just tell Him your plans!"

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...tures/0130.gif

MajestyJo 07-15-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

The Reflecting Pond by Liane Cordes

The greatest gift we can give another person is the gift of ourselves. When we can share our deepest convictions and failures, our ideals and disillusionments, our hopes and frustrations, our dreams and despairs, our answers and our questions then we are loving our neighbors as ourselves as well as loving our enemies.

A friend put it this way: If I share the whole of me with you, I share the good as well as the bad. I don't hide anything of myself from you, not in a deep friendship, or a deep marriage for that matter. By sharing some things I hate about myself, I'm loving my inside enemy. I'm telling you I'm still human and have a lot of growing to do. I'd love to tell you only about all my good points: it would make me feel a lot better, but it wouldn't be sharing all of me with you.

TODAY I will concentrate on sharing my insides and outsides with another. I will listen to myself as I talk. I will not be satisfied if I sit on my laurels or wallow in my woes. I will improve myself by becoming aware of how I communicate to others.
Great words posted in 2004 on another site.

What we see in others, is a reflection of ourself. It takes one to know one. When I talk to my friend, one of us will say, "This has to be your stuff, it can't be mine." Then we laugh, because we know we have the same issues, maybe not the same circumstance triggered it, yet we all have our own trauma/experience, real or imagined.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-dogs/0127.gif

MajestyJo 07-15-2014 01:57 PM

It's In The Valleys We Grow.

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow!

Quote:

It is when we are at our lowest lows that we as humans do the one thing that almost comes instinctively.... we seek out God. God to guide us through our bad times in the "valleys." But as we climb those mountains, and peek back to where we were we see all the growth we have made. And we can find our strength to continue our journey.

Arlene
As we progress in recovery, the valleys aren't so low and the mountain's aren't so high. We have the tools to deal with life on life's terms and we no longer need to make mountains out of mole hills or sink into depression so low that we can't get out.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-...tures/0142.gif

MajestyJo 07-16-2014 05:18 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...ZuqPhL4iKYN26g

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Dr. Seuss

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
Mark Twain

MajestyJo 07-19-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

"Our own thoughts can play such a role in our lives. If we put in our mind that we can't do something, then you're already setting yourself up for failure or disappointment. If we tell ourselves that we can do it then we will have better results. The way your start your day, with positive or negative thoughts, is what your day is going to be. Always think good thoughts and try to keep a positive attitude and you will feel more joy in your life and in your heart. See the beauty that surrounds you."

Written in 2014 by Renee Scalfani --- Massachusetts

http://cdn-4.motivateus.com/images/f...n-possible.jpg

inspirational photo quote Submitted by Lauren Covington

MajestyJo 07-19-2014 11:20 PM