View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Prayer To Start This Day

Lord, please use me today in any way You see fit.
As You guide my thoughts and actions, please use me to bless others and for Your purposes more broadly.
Rather than seeking my own will, help me to align with Yours.
Thank You, God, for all You do for me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In that alcoholic world ............

I need to remember that one drink always leads to another and you can't stop till you're paralyzed. And the next morning it begins all over again. You eventually land in a hospital or jail. You lose your job. Your home is broken up. You're always in a mess. You're on the merry go round and you can't get off. You're in a squirrel cage and you can't get out.

So ............

Am I convinced that the alcoholic world is not a pleasant place for me to live in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Secrets

We all have our secrets. Some of them we’re not about to tell anybody. God, of course, already knows them. There may be some things we consider so shameful that we can’t share them with anyone. But shame separates us from God. It’s a way of saying we are too horrible, too different – it’s a form of false pride.

To hide something means we’re holding on to the shame. Not until we’re ready to admit to God, ourselves, and another human being the nature of our secrets can we be rid of our shame. But when we come to believe that we have nothing to fear from sharing our secrets, God will transform them into something useful and constructive. There is nothing we have ever done that can’t be used to help someone, ourselves included.

Today I will share my secrets with someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gifts

This is the crux of the program and the crux of living: acceptance and action.
The gift of understanding has allowed the simple messages from my parents, my teachers, and my church to take on new meaning and soundness. With the gift of serenity, I am ready and willing to accept what God permits to happen to me; with the gift of courage, to take action to change the things I can for the good of myself and others. The gift of wisdom has been given to me so that in personal relationships I may act intelligently and with love or, as it has also been expressed, with competence and compassion.

Came to Believe Page 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are." ~ Chinese Proverb
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: