View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 05:26 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 8

Prayer To Serve Others

Lord,
Thank You for the opportunity to serve others. I pray that You would continue to instill this value into us and our children. Help us to see others the way you see them.

Lord, we pray that You show us the needs of those around us. Help us to be focused on others and in tune to Your Spirit, so that we can help those that are hurting. Lord, give us the grace to serve when it’s hard. Give us the strength to keep going when we are worn out from our own situations.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In A.A. we often hear the slogan "Easy Does It."

Alcoholics always do everything to excess. They drink too much. They worry too much. They have too many resentments. They hurt themselves physically and mentally by too much of everything. So when they come into A.A., they have to learn to take it easy. None of us knows how much longer we have to live. It's probable that we wouldn't have lived very long if we had continued to drink the way we used to. By stopping drinking, we have increased our chances of living for a while longer.

So ............

Have I learned to take it easy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Being Happy

If only I had a new bike, then I'd be happy. If only my family were more understanding, then I'd be happy. If only my hair were styled better. If only I had more friends. If only... Sometimes we begin to sound like a broken record when things go wrong, so certain that if the events and conditions of our lives were different, we'd be happy.

It's an old and unfortunate habit that we look around outside ourselves for happiness. We can never be sure of it if we count on certain conditions to guarantee it. However, we can always be sure of happiness if we carry it with us wherever we go. The happiness habit can be developed, with practice, just as surely as good piano playing or accurate pitching. We can control our own thoughts. The decision to make them happy ones is ours to make.

Am I carrying my happiness within me right now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only Try

I'm glad you are going to try that new job. But make sure that you are only going to 'try.' If you approach the project in the attitude that "I must succeed, I must not fail, I cannot fail,' then you practically guarantee the flop which in turn will guarantee a drinking relapse. But if you look at the venture as a constructive experiment only, then all should go well.

As Bill See It Page 214

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“As we lose ourselves in the service of others we discover our own lives and our own happiness.” ~ Dieter F.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: