View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 05:24 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 10

Prayer for Comfort

God,
I feel alone, beaten up, tears fill my eyes, I toss and turn at night.
Words can’t express the ache in my heart. I feel pain every day.
I pray to you as I am desperate for help.
Be my refuge from pain, replacing my distress with peace, and be my strength when I feel weak and find it hard to carry on.
Help me not to fear the future but to boldly trust that you are in control when my emotions plunge me down, and when I am in despair. And times when I can’t talk and don’t know what to say, help me to “Be still, and know that you are God”.
Be my comforter, my healer and bring me peace.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

The length of time of our sobriety is not as important as the quality of it.

A person who has been in A.A. for a number of years may not be in as good mental condition as a person who has only been in a few months. It is a great satisfaction to have been an A.A. member for a long time and we often mention it. It may sometimes help the newer members, because they may say to themselves, if they can do it I can do it. And yet the older members must realize that as long as they live they are only one drink away from a drunk.

So ............

What is the quality of my sobriety?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Forgiveness

Forgiveness fosters humility, which invites gratitude. And gratitude blesses us; it makes manifest greater happiness. The more grateful we feel for all aspects of our lives, the greater will be our rewards. We don't recognize the goodness of our lives until we practice gratitude. And gratitude comes easiest when we're in a forgiving state of mind.

Forgiveness should be an ongoing process. Attention to it daily will ease our relationships with others and encourage greater self-love. First on our list for forgiveness should be ourselves. Daily, we heap recriminations upon ourselves. And our lack of self-love hinders our ability to love others, which in turn affects our treatment of them. We've come full circle--and forgiveness is in order. It can free us. It will change our perceptions of life's events, and it promises greater happiness.

The forgiving heart is magical. My whole life will undergo a dynamic change when I develop a forgiving heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helping Others

When I talk to a newcomer to AA, my past looks me straight in the face.
I see the pain in those hopeful eyes, I extend my hand, and then the miracle happens: I become healed.
My problems vanish as I reach out to this trembling soul.

As Bill Sees It Page 274

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Worry is like a rocking chair -- it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere." ~ Unknown A.A.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: