View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 06:39 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 3

Prayer for When in a Bad Mood

Lord, I awoke this morning in a bad mood, and I have been unable to shake it so far.
Everything bothers me and everyone rubs me the wrong way.
I just cannot seem to get my true bearings.
Help me to think of your salvation—your countless gifts and overwhelming love for me.
Let me relax and forget life’s cares by placing myself wholly into your hands.
Grant that this mood will soon pass and I will be able to bask in your love and communicate it to others.
Amen.

~ St. Therese

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

What makes A.A. work?

The first thing is to have a revulsion against myself and my way of living. Then I must admit I was helpless, that alcohol had me licked and I couldn't do anything about it. The next thing is to honestly want to quit the old life. Then I must surrender my life to a Higher Power, put my drinking problem in His hands and leave it there. After these things are done, I should attend meetings regularly for fellowship and sharing. I should also try to help other alcoholics.

So ............

Am I doing these things?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Understanding

With my sobriety has come a desire to understand --- understand life, understand me, understand my relationships and understand God. Meaning --- what is true? What is noble? What is spiritual? These are important to me today.

I no longer wish to hurt, damage, ridicule, destroy, fight, lie or cheat in my life. I've had enough of being negative. I've had enough of being lost and isolated in my arrogance. I've had enough of standing on the outside of life, feeling resentful and afraid.

Sobriety, for me today, involves my search for meaning --- knowing full well that my understanding will always be imperfect and I can never comprehend fully. The ultimate answer is in living with confusion. I am not God . . . but I still intend to reach for the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong

A.A. members are not emotional cripples who need someone to hold their hands every moment of the day and night to prevent their falling. We grow up with the help of God, as we understand Him, and the fellowship of the group, and by applying the Twelve Steps to our lives.

Came to Believe Page 109

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Kindness can transform someone’s dark moment with a blaze of light. You’ll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” ~ Amy Leigh Mercree

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: