View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 04:38 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 17

Guidance Prayer

God,
You know my weakness and failings, and that without Your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others’. Grant me, therefore, the help of Your grace. Grant it according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the task You will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and help me work hard at my appointed tasks. Teach me to bear patiently all the trials of suffering or failure that may come to me today.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Seeing the privileges that the A.A. movement has given me ............

I shall share in the responsibilities, taking it upon myself to carry my fair share of the load, not grudgingly but joyfully. I am deeply grateful for the privileges I enjoy because of my membership in this great movement. They put an obligation upon me, which I will not shirk. I will gladly carry my fair share of the burdens. Because of the joy of doing them, they will no longer be burdens, but opportunities.

So ............

Will I accept every opportunity gladly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Spiritual Actions

What we do can be much more important than what we say. We tend to talk about things we want to do. We need to also be people who do things we talk about. We are not spiritual people unless our actions are spiritual.
Many of us used to be "all or nothing" people. That made us afraid to take on big projects. But now we can get things done, if we take one step at a time. We're not "all or nothing" people anymore. We're people who are changing and growing a little every day. And each day our deeds match our words a little better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appreciation

It is strictly my opinion, based on my experience, that one becomes richer in spirit as one grows in spirit. The more I accept God, the more He gives me. As I become more appreciative of the benefits received, I try harder to show my appreciation. My capacity to be content with life as it is has greatly increased. Therefore, as time goes on, I become more able to be at peace with my fellowman, with God, and within myself.

Came To Believe Page 87

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

"To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue." ~ Gautama Buddha

"The most difficult thing I have ever had to do is follow the guidance I prayed for." ~ Albert Schweitzer
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote