View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 04:51 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 19

We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us.

~St. Bernard of Clairvaux

How wonderful it is to feel that we belong! This is the security that comes as we gradually look outside ourselves and connect with other people. As we break free of the isolation of addiction and give up such self-defeating attitudes as being fearful and resentful, we find a new ability to be out in the world.

We can go to work and feel that we're part of a group. We can walk into a restaurant and know we belong there, not feeling that everyone is looking at us. We can go to a meeting and experience the wonderful sense of community that only comes from being with other recovering addicts. We can do volunteer work, join a church, or go out with a group of friends. And in all of these activities, we discover that we not only get to know others, but we let them get to know us as well. Believing that we belong is a gift that comes from our ability to be ourselves, no matter what the circumstances.

I believe that I belong. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I have something to contribute.

Today's reading is from the book Answers in the Heart:
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: