View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 06:16 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 5

We do not remember days, we remember moments.

~Cesare Pavese

I'll never forget peeling potatoes very early one morning preparing for the arrival of twenty-five guests. "We're not just making breakfast," said my friend. "We're making memories."

I don't remember the rest of that day, but I do remember making hash browns and chatting with my friend while the morning was still dark. Laughter filled our crowded cabin as our friends arrived at dawn.

The friendships we develop in recovery change our lives. We can have parties, plan adventures, and take healthy risks with our safe friends. We can make memories with the people we love, too.

In recovery, our wild and fun days are far from over, but now we will remember them!
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me be lively and share the fun of life with others. I want to make happy memories with my family and friends.
Today's Action

I will think of a happy moment I shared with someone, and I will reach out to say, “Remember the time…?”

Today's reading is from the book God Grant Me: More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: