View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 13

DEPEND ON IT

"We never apologize to anyone for depending upon our Creator." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 68

"When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on Him, He will lift you up and give you honor." James 4: 10

For what it’s worth: My goal was total independence. I had grown to mistrust everyone and everything, so why would I wish to be dependent upon anyone or anything? Obviously, it did not work. I became dependent upon alcohol, and the addiction killed all my goals, reducing me to a worthless slave with no purpose or direction beyond the next drink. Alcoholism robbed my soul of all spiritual values and left it empty. It took the torment of an abandoned spiritual being to drive me to seek help in Alcoholics Anonymous. After years of living by the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, I have experienced dependency upon a Higher Power, and it is divine. Here is a once worthless, empty soul, now filled with gratitude and joy, living with the goal of becoming more dependent each day on the loving care of God. I trust my Heavenly Father’s love. I can depend on it!

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: