View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 4

YEARNING FOR GOD

“The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 25

“As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.” Psalm 42: 2

For what it’s worth: No one told me the agony in my life was that my soul was empty, and I drank to try fill it. Alcohol numbed the pain, so I drank daily and was rapidly addicted; wrecking my life and wronging those I loved. Alcoholism enslaved me, and denial hid it from me. I was searching for something to fill the hole in my soul. Although I looked in many places and tried many ways, I never found anything until I stopped drinking in Alcoholics Anonymous. I had no idea that Alcoholics Anonymous was such a spiritual program. I did not trust it at first because of my resentment toward church and things religious, but now I see as soon as I was here, even without knowing it until much later, the miracle started – my soul was filling. At first, just a drop; now the hope and trust brim over as I continue my search for fulfillment in God’s peace.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: