View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 10

SAFE, SANE, & SOBER

“…We simply do not stop drinking so long as we place dependence upon other people ahead of dependence on God.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 98

“In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God…” Deuteronomy 1:32

For what it’s worth: Everyone and alcohol betrayed me. There was no trust left when I walked into my first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. The accepting and caring people there suggested I turn my will and my life over to God, but false beliefs blocked me. I was blind to all the times in my past God had saved me. But my empty soul screamed out for some kind of fulfillment, motivating me to, at least, try to do as Alcoholics Anonymous suggested in the Third Step. This decision is all it took. Without demanding anything of me, God started teaching me to trust Him. He made me aware of all His help in my past; I saw how He was placing all the right people at all the right moments in my life; and, as His grace kept me sober, I began to realize He was carrying me through some extremely difficult times without alcohol. Now, after years of learning, I have an inner peace when I depend on my Heavenly Father. When I trust His love, I stay safe, sane, and sober.

God bless you.

Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: