View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 14

PRINCIPLES

"The principles we have set down are guides to progress." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 60

"Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your principles!" Psalm 119: 5

For what it's worth: Principles were my strong point. So I thought until alcoholism easily eliminated my ethics and I had no moral convictions left when I finally reached Alcoholics Anonymous. I heard people discuss “practicing these principles”, and I did not believe I was capable. But I stayed sober and attended meetings daily, and ever so slowly, with your guidance and example, and by the grace of God, I was able to make a start. First, I had to be honest - about my life, my losses and my limitations. My human weaknesses combined with my disease of alcoholism demanded strength from a Higher Power. So, as humbly as I could, I turned my life, losses, and limitations over to the care of God. That was all that was required. Immediately I began a spiritual journey, daily trying to practice these principles in all of my affairs. When I fail, I crawl up into my Heavenly Father’s lap and let His love hold me and heal me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: