View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wednesday, September 10, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Listening

As we learn to listen to our Higher Power, we also learn to listen with more awareness to others and ourselves. Being willing to spend time alone, in quiet, is essential to listening. We often fear silence and being alone, and we escape into distractions and busy work.

Prayer is not so much telling and asking as it is listening. Prayer in this sense may be practiced continually during the day. By taking Step Three, we are giving up our will and becoming receptive to the will of our Higher Power. We focus less on our egotistical concerns and more on God, as we understand Him. That understanding grows through listening.

By listening, we become aware of needs, feelings, and responses within ourselves, which we had previously ignored. Knowing ourselves better, we are more direct and honest with others and more responsive to them. The communication which develops with our Higher Power is on a level deep enough to relate us more meaningfully to everyone around us.

I will listen today to Your voice.
Listening and learning to listen is important. We shut down and shut off people for years. Not only others, but our God if we acknowledged as coming from God or blamed it on the Devil or ourselves, it didn't matter the source, we just used to shut down and numb out, and we had to practice listening, and acknowledge that inner voice, and find the willingness to not only acknowledge it but act on it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote