View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Character Building Part 04 - Growing in Compassion

by Gail Rodgers
It’s so easy to get caught up in our own little worlds. We begin to get so self focused that we often miss the needs of those around us. It is wise to stop and ask, “Am I growing or eroding in who I am becoming?”

A wise woman grows in becoming compassionate…
It takes time to be a compassionate woman. Time to listen; time to care; time to walk a mile with someone who needs a hand.
A compassionate woman extends her arms to embrace those less fortunate than herself. She looks for opportunities to be generous. Her time and her resources are shared from a caring heart.
A compassionate woman pays attention to the needs of those around her and especially to the needs of her family. She listens… really listens to what others say. She hears with her heart as well as her ears. Her eyes are open to recognize the blessing she receives as she responds with a caring heart.

“A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.” Proverbs 22:9
To grow in compassion ask God to give you a generous heart… one that shares not only time and resources but also love.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I know my heart is often callous to the needs of those around me. I feel there just isn’t time to care. I know You have placed me where I am to love those around me. Give me a desire to have a generous heart. Open my eyes and my ears to the needs of those in my circle of influence. Please multiply my time back to me as I choose to care.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: