View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default The Holidays, Just Another Day

Quote:
In the new year, I will live one day at a time. I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness and bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, and my disappointments in others and in myself, my gloom and despondency. I will leave all these things buried and go forward, in this new year, into a new life.

Look to this Day by Alan L. Roeck
This may be true in a new year, but I think it applies to every day in sobriety, because it is just for today.

So many times we make promises to ourselves and break them. We set ourselves up for failure. When we live this life, one day at a time, turn our day over to our Higher Power and ask for His/Her direction, then we can move forward into a new way of living and thinking.

I can't think my way into good living, I have to live my way into good thinking. All I have to do is try, the failure is in the not trying. It is not about meeting our expectations and that of others.

The holidays are just another day. It is another day that I need to choose recovery and do the do things I need to stay clean and sober. I need to remember it is a spiritual program, and my God can get me through all the challenges and keep me safe, if I remember H.O.W. it works.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote