View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 18

DIRECTION AND MERCY

"...We ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

"Lord, how great is your mercy; in your justice, give me back my life." Psalm 119: 156

For what it’s worth: My excruciating existence could not end soon enough. I welcomed alcoholism taking my life, and death was near the night I walked into a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. I wanted to be able to say I had tried everything, then I would end my miserable life and the Judge would reduce my sentence. But the Judge was merciful and offered me a new, sober life with Twelve Steps as a guide to success. Slowly, now, as I apply these principles, I grow spiritually. On the days I do not, I go to my Heavenly Father to seek forgiveness and talk with Him about “corrective measures” needed to maintain my daily reprieve at the new life He has granted me. He loves for me to come to Him for direction and He is always merciful.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: