View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #31
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 29

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

Meditation

[How we may know Christ more clearly.]

Prayer for Deliverance

Dear Lord, grant me, I beseech you, your divine helping grace. Endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to your will. You know my misery and suffering. I flee to you, my only hope and refuge, for relief and comfort, trusting to your infinite love and compassion; that in due time, you will deliver me from all the trials of this life and turn my distress into comfort. I rejoice in your mercy. I exalt and praise your holy name, oh Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and forever. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

DESTINY

Walk in your destiny trusting the Father God to direct your pathway. All things are possible to him who believes, and God has promised that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. God is your Strength and you are self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency (Philippians 4:13). With God all things are possible.

PRAYER OF AFFIRMATION

Though some trust in chariots (riches) and some in horses (materials things), I will remember the name of the Lord, my God. You shall cause me to be as Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken or moved off course, and I shall walk in paths you have ordained for me. LORD, you surround me from this time forth and forever. In Jesus’ name, I will reach the destination you have charted for me, Father, bringing great glory to your kingdom. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, when I come to a Red Sea experience in my life - no way around, or back, no way but through - remind me that "those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."* Help me, Lord, to learn to wait until all fear is gone, until Your peace floods my soul, until You tell me to "move on."

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (Isaiah 40:31 - NKJV)

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that I may be just and be given to kindness. May I be conscious of my virtues, and use them to overcome my faults. May I hear clearly thy call that I may be sure of the way as I lead others to duty and happiness. Amen.

God and Father of all people, never let me look down on others or make anyone feel inferior. Show me how to remove any prejudices so that I may appreciate individuals more for who they are. Inspire me to live in such a way that I may discover you in the people I will meet today. Amen

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart. Deuteronomy 6:4–6, RSV

Lord our God, we thank you that every day – through good days and through days that to us seem bad – we know that our lives are guided by your will, what you do and what you want. For this we thank you. We want to love you above everything in the world. Our hearts long for you, for you are our Father. We want to love and honor you with our whole lives. Lord our God, bring your order into the world. Help us at all times to do your will and to fulfill your commandments. Amen.

Dear Father, I am grateful for Your many blessings. Thank you for opening my eyes to Your truths and for Your many promises to me. I do want to become wiser, so help me to study and understand the Bible. Open my spiritual ears to hear the things I need to understand at this time. Thank you for the knowledge You have already given me, but I desire to know more, so that I might know You more. I want my relationship with You to be closer than ever before. Please give me the desire to pray more and to read the Bible more. Forgive me when I neglect these two very important things. Thank you for the promise of health for me. I receive that promise so that I might be about Your business. How wonderful You are to me and all of Your children. Keep my family and friends in Your health and bless them too. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links