Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.
by Henry Van Dkye

Meditation

[We will not hesitate to take a new road, with God at our side.]

To Lay Our Suffering at Jesus' Feet

Lord Jesus, you call me to live every aspect of my life in your presence, and so I come before you as I am. With the myrrh that the wise men carried I bring, too, the pain and sorrow and suffering that I have experienced. I lay them before you because they are all part of who I am. I ask that good may come from whatever negative things happen to me, knowing that nothing can ever separate me from your love. Amen.

God, Make me perfect in every good work to do your will, working in me that which is well pleasing in your sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Father God, you are my Habitation. You have commanded your angels to guard and keep me in all my ways. I have put on the new man created in Christ Jesus. I renounce resentment, unforgiveness, bitterness, envy and strife. Satan, the father of lies, is a defeated foe. Lord, you have set your love upon me; you are my Protector and my Deliverer. Goodness, Mercy and unfailing Love shall follow me all the days of my life. Hallelujah!

Dear Lord, You have said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit,"* -- those who realize that they need the Holy Spirit to quicken both Your Word and Your truth for them. ... Help me to realize that I need You each day of my life; I need Your guidance, I need Your wisdom, I need to know that Your love is constant and that Your grace is sufficient to sustain me. ... As I prepare for uncertain times ahead, help me to yield to Your sovereignty, to trust Your faithfulness, and to desire to serve You as I seek Your will for my life.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (Matt. 5:3)

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, may I not only approve of justice and kindness, but practice it. Grant that I may be attentive to the call of work and steadfast in completing it. May I be sincere to those who are dear to me, and never falter in my support to those who are dependent upon me. Amen.

Father, into your hands I place my successes. Into your hands I also place my failures, and I pray that, through your Spirit, I may face the challenges of life with courage and determination. Help me to think anew and see things more broadly than in terms of “success” and “failure”. Lead me always to trust and place myself confidently in your hands. Amen.

Lord, our God and Father, we thank you for letting us walk in the way of Jesus Christ, for helping us on the way to the Cross. Come what may, we belong to the Savior, and we are your children. We want to be joyful and full of faith, full of hope, full of patience, for your mercy leads us on. In all we experience how often we can say, "Thanks be to God. He has helped us here, he has helped there, he helps every day in spite of all the evil in the world. Praise and thanks and honor be to him forever!" Amen.

Dear Lord, please help me to do what I can, and understand that I cannot do everything. Help me make what I can do count.

Comfort in Christ
Christ is shepherd over you,
Enfolding you on every side.
Christ will not forsake you, hand or foot,
Nor let evil come near you.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: