View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 7

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

Meditation

[What challenges to my love for other will I face during the day?]

Prayer of Clement of Rome

You, Lord, through your works have revealed the everlasting structure of the world. You, Lord, created the earth. You are faithful throughout all generations, righteous in your judgments, marvelous in strength and majesty, wise in creating and prudent in establishing what exists, good in all that is observed and faithful to those who trust in you, merciful and compassionate; forgive me my sins and my injustices, my transgressions and my shortcomings.

Do not take into account every sin of your servant, but cleanse me with the cleansing of your truth, and direct my steps to walk in holiness and righteousness and purity of heart, and to do what is good and pleasing in your sight and in the sight of my rulers. Yes, Lord, let your face shine upon all your servants in peace for our good, that we may be sheltered by your mighty hand and delivered from every sin by your uplifted arm; deliver us as well from those who hate us unjustly.

Give harmony and peace to me and to all who dwell on the earth, just as you did to our fathers when they reverently called upon you in faith and trust, that we may be saved, while we render obedience to your almighty and most excellent name, and give harmony and peace to our rulers and governors on earth. Amen.

Translated from a letter, 96 A.D.

Now all glory to you, mighty God, who is able to keep me from falling away and will bring me with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time, Amen.

Father, the love you define in 1 Corinthians 13 is my greatest aim, and I ask also for the special abilities the Holy Spirit gives. I believe on the name of your Son Jesus Christ, and I am able to love others just as I love myself because you first loved me. God, you are love, and when I live in love, I am living with you and you live in me. As I live with Christ, my love grows more perfect and complete. Thank you for loving me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that "man is born broken; he lives by mending, and the grace of God is the glue."* Oh Lord, how often I have needed Your mending when I have been battered and bruised by life's daily trials. ... How often I have felt beaten down by ridicule, broken dreams, physical illness, or unfair circumstances beyond my control. ... Yet through it all, You were there, faithful to Your promises when I turned to You. ... It was then that I found that Your grace is indeed sufficient and able to mend my brokenness. ... Thank You, Lord, for being there for me. In my weakness, I am beginning to discover Your strength! Steady me, for I sometimes forget.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* Eugene O'Neill

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, I beseech thee to give me the strength which endures. Grant that I may have the ceaseless content which is secured by choosing and continuing in the right way. From the wealth of each day renew my hope, and quiet my soul with the calm of thy peace. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we are your children, and we look to you and to your help at every turn of our lives. Remember us, especially when we want to serve you. Stay with us with your Spirit so that everything may work out to further your kingdom and the victory of Jesus Christ, which is to be proclaimed on earth. Through his victory all men shall find in him their Savior and look to you, our Father in heaven. Yes, Father in heaven, have mercy on the world, on the many who are unfortunate and who suffer from the widespread evil around them. Remember them. Have mercy on us through the strong and mighty Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for all that You have done for me. Lord, I ask You to forgive me for failing You. Lord, I want my words to be like Your Words. Lord, You never speak any unkind thing. You are gentle and loving. Your Words are always the truth. We can depend on You and trust that what You said is the truth. You never lie. Lord, may I be good for my word. Help me not to give it lightly, and when I do tell someone I will do something, remind me if I fail to keep my word so I can make it right. Help me to be a witness for You as one that keeps their word even as You do. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: