View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 10

To you, O Lord, I pray. My enemies will not triumph over me, and I will never be disgraced for trusting you. Show me the path where I should go, point out the right road for me to walk. Lead and teach me for you are the God who gives me salvation. Thank you for seeing me through eyes of everlasting love and kindness. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that my prayer-line to You is a two-way one. It is not just for me to call You in a crisis situation, it is also for You to call me! ... How can I know Your will for me if I am never "at home," quiet enough, to receive Your calls? ... Am I so preoccupied with my worldly cares that I don't hear and recognize Your voice? Do I not take time to be still and to wait upon You, Lord? ... Remind me that You don't just call on Sundays "when the rates are less;" You want to be able to reach me any time and any place, when You might need me, or when You know that I need You. ... My life could be so much richer and fuller, so much more worthwhile if I talked with You every day! ... Help me to see this, Lord. It's my call, isn't it?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 1999 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Father, I pray that thou wilt take care of my thoughts when I am alone and tired, and keep them strong and clean. Grant that while I commune with thee I may yield to my needs and be restored with keener energy for worthier deeds. May I ask of thy wisdom every day. Amen.

Lord our God, light of the world and light of our human life, we thank you for sending your Word into our hearts. Your Word works within us and allows us to rejoice. Even if we often experience hard and bitter times here on earth, we can rejoice already, as the world shall rejoice when your will and your Word are fulfilled. Protect us, and keep us pure and free in spirit, that we may be your servants, that we may sometimes be allowed to say a little word in harmony with the great, powerful Word which you have sent into the world. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help me as I face a week of pressures and anxiety. Grant me peace so I may get through with a calm heart and level head.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. I find that many of my days are challenging in dealing with certain people in my life. Help me to always be kind and gentle, and not respond in the wrong way to people who say things that bother me. Help me to have Your compassion for them and pray for them instead of criticizing them. Also, Lord, I find that many times, I try to justify my position in situations that would be better if I just let You defend me. Help me guard my tongue. Use my words to be a blessing to others. Help me overcome all temptation to speak evil of anyone. Especially help me to be kind to those in my family and workplace so that we may all work in in peace and harmony. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Divine Guidance
Psalms 51
Open my lips, O Lord,
and my mouth shall proclaim your praise.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from your presence
and take not your holy Spirit from me.

Give me the joy of your saving help again
and sustain me with your bountiful Spirit.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought
us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty
power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by
adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your
purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: