View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Power of Prayer

Heavenly Father, You spoke by the Spirit through Your servant James, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” Help me to watch and pray each day, at the beginning, throughout the day and at the end of the day. You will answer; You will guide, protect and sustain me. Thank You for providing strength to resist temptation. My prayers are forceful and effective, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

O God, help me to be positive. May I not want to be in so many places, and in so many things, that I can never be found in anything. Help me to know that a purpose secured is worth many attempts, and that to have a character I must build it. Amen.

The Wisdom of Respect

Titus 3:1-3

Dear Father,

Help me to have respect for rulers and authorities, to be submissive and obedient.

Help me to be ready for any honest work, and to speak evil of no one.

Help me to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy to every one.

Help me not to be foolish, disobedient, or led astray. Help me not to be a slave to various passions and pleasures, or to pass my days in malice or envy, hating others or being hated by them.

In the name of Jesus, the all-wise and blessed Savior. Amen.

Scripture Reading Matthew 20:40-41 James 5:16

Most gracious heavenly Father, many of us as leaders, ministers and teachers come together in September to consider the year ahead, and the opportunities that it will present to share Your Word with others. We ask Your help as we seek to be Your ambassadors in a hurting and confused world. ... Remind us that we each need to be open to Christian growth, knowledge, and understanding that can only come from spending time in Your Word, and seeking the Holy Spirit's interpretive guidance and direction. ... Remind us too that Your will will never take us beyond where Your grace can sustain us! ... Lord, as we try to grow in faith and knowledge, help us to become more dedicated ambassadors, that others will desire to know You.

In Jesus' holy name we pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Please help me remember that every human life has value and all are worth love.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for sustaining me through many trials and afflictions. I do appreciate the strength that You have given me to overcome everything that the enemy has tried to use to destroy me with. Lord, when You open doors for me to testify to Your saving and sustaining grace, give me the Holy boldness to witness about what You have done. Fill me with the Holy Spirit daily so that I might be able to overcome anything that I may face today, and in the future. Lord, give me grace not to look at the adverse circumstances around me; but rather, look at the greatness of Your mighty power! May I be reminded of the things You have done for me in the past, knowing that You will continue to help me today in my need. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: