View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

How awesome is that. We learn to live life on life's terms, we don't stop living, we start being productive members of society. It may take some of us a while, but we do need to give back to others, what a wonderful way to do it.

It is acgood to have newcomers, especially if long timers, come out to support them. Many need to remember where they come from and remember that we have a dis-ease that can take them back in a flash if they are not spiritually fit. Going to church doesn't cut it. It is like going to AA, occupying a chair and not working steps and applying the program to our life.

We do this program one day at a time. I used because I had chronic pain. I still have chronic pain. I need the program just as much in today as I did 27 years ago. I can't allow my pain to dictate my life. I am being sent to a pain clinic. I don't think they can teach me something I don't already know, but I am willing to try. The difference between me and them, I have a 12 Step program.

Sometimes it is hard to think through the pain. Sometimes it is hard to do because of the pain, but all I am asked to do is try. They played music when they did some exercises. At the end of my stay, I was putting on music, classic country with Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Connie Smith, etc. I realized that I was listening to a lot of crying in your beer songs. So glad I don't have to go there in today. I do like the music. They all have distinctive guitar sounds.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote