Thread: QUESTION???
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 12:59 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Everybody knows that those in bad health, and those who seldom play, do not laugh much. So let each family play together or seperately, as much as their circumstances warrent. We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free. We cannot subscribe to the belief that this life is a vale of tears, though it once was just that for many of us. -

Pgs. 132-133 - The Family Afterward

Well totally disagree with the first line, when it comes to me. If you add my family, that is another matter. My family are not alcoolics although my sister's were brought up in the same dysfunctional family I was.

All their kids have a really weird sense of humour. Some of it would qualify for "Fire Side" and would make a good comic strip of their own. Sometimes I feel apart and not apart of the joke, quite often because I find it hurtful, putting others down and feeling very self-righteous.

For several years in recovery, I had to detach from my family. My AA family were my support. It took a really big change in attitude to be able to go out there, and just accept them for who they are. I loved them, but didn't always like their actions, even though they were good church going people, all gainfully employed and they didn't drink to my knowledge.

They do play together, they are close and that is how it should be. They have a family get together through the week and often on Sunday after church. I just have to remember that they don't have program.

I am going to my sister's next week, not sure which day it will be. My sister from Tweed is coming down and the three of us will have a visit. My two brother-in-laws will be there and possibly my sister's best friend who helps in her day care. Another person who has another very derogatory look at life and comes across as Ms. Doom and Gloom and expects the worst out of life.

There is a good chance I won't be here for next week's meeting. I don't know how long I will be there. A lot will depend on how many kids my sister baby sits. I found at the meeting tonight that with the fibro flare up, I have a real problem with noise levels.

So my goal is to be happy, joyous and free. All three of us have diabetes and arthritis and have learned to laugh at ourselves.

It is when people start to laugh at others that there is a problem.
Are you happy, joyous and free?

What makes you happy? When I was asked this question in early recovery, I didn't know. I had lived my life through others, and I used to be one of those who use to say, "If you are happy, so am I."

Coyote:
Wisdom, jokester, having fun, stimulates cooperation and tasks, adaptations, balances knowledge and laughter into teaching, shows us how to learn from our mistakes with wisdom and a sense of humor, sense of family and children, demonstrating and communicating along with balancing risk and safety, trust and connection to the Spirit to find answers. Are you taking yourself too seriously? Too uptight and stressed? Are you trusting enough right now? Coyote will teach resourcefulness and adapting to new situations and how humor can be a useful tool in any situation.

Animal Totem Dictionary of Animals

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote