View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

Wisdom for Today

Surrendering our addictive living over to God does not mean we will never be tempted to drink or use again. Most of us, including I myself, have had times when we experience cravings or urges to use. Most of us have entertained thoughts of using again. In order to be ready for these times, it is important for us to be prepared. An important part of this preparation for me has been to get myself into the right frame of mind each day. Through prayer, meditation and reading, I find that I can keep my mind off of using and on recovery.

When I give my problems over to God, I no longer need to be fearful. I can build up my strength and be confident that God will help me in my struggle. As time passes, staying clean and sober gets easier and easier. It is important for me to stay centered in gratitude. I no longer have to live my life as I did before. Gratitude keeps me focused on what God is doing for me every day of my life. Do I see each day clean and sober as a gift?

Meditations for the Heart

Simply being rid of my desire for alcohol and drugs did not bring me happiness. There was much more to do. Eliminating selfish thinking and behavior was also needed. It was only when I stopped focusing on me and began to focus on “we” that a spark ignited in me. As I began to see that my Twelve Step groups were about helping each other, I began to understand that I had a responsibility to reach out and help others, just as I had been helped. This was difficult at first, because I was unsure of what to say. But as I began to see that all I needed to do was share my experiences and leave the rest up to God, I found that elusive happiness. Am I working to eliminate selfish thinking and behavior?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Today is a gift from You, for I know that I cannot stay clean and sober on my own. Give me a willingness to accept the responsibility to carry the message to others. Help me to be free of selfish thinking and behavior. Let me seek out an attitude of gratitude today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: