Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default I Want To Be

Before any of us can begin our recovery the first thing we all need to do is to learn how to become honest with ourselves. For most of us we don't know how to do this, but we all can learn how to if we really want to, and unfortunately a lot of us don't want to. Many of us will focus on what we think will happen to us if we become honest with ourselves; this keeps all of us from being able to do so. Where we all can learn how to help ourselves here, is for all of us to just at first want to become willing to try to be honest with ourselves while knowing that at the same time at the beginning of our recovery none of us are, or can be nor do any of us really know for sure what would happen to us if we did. If we can all say to ourselves I know I'm not being honest with myself right now, but I want to be then we are ready for being on the path to recovery. For all of us that can't say this, or even want to become willing to try to say it, then we are all on our own from now on and whatever comes our way will be the direct result of us not being able to do this and us not being honest with ourselves. The only person that this really matters to is us, because if we can't be honest with ourselves we're not able to be honest with anyone else, and that kills all of us when we can't be, and we all want to be, but this will only happen for all of us if we let ourselves become willing to be honest, or we never will be and we all will die because of that.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply