Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Was in that place to my friend, thanks for sharing. No sure if it was so much guilt as insecurities. I didn't relapse physically, but this is a mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as a physical disease. I found I could relapse, long before physically picked up and so grateful to my God for putting people in my path to show me the direction I was heading. It is a direction I can't afford to go. Sometimes, if I had had the money to keep me in the style that I would like to become accustomed to, I just might have picked up.

Words hurt, they can cut to the soul. They cut and bruise deeper when they are reinforced with a slap and a few slugs to go with them. The biggest I got was being pushed into a wall and the imprint of my body was left in the wall. A great reminder to not trust a drunk and to remember what they say, remember what they say, even if it is months ago, and stay out of their way, even though they have to crawl up the stairs, there is enough anger to give them them strength to push you through a wall.

Anger turned into rage for my ex-husband. Anger defused me and motivated me, and if I had been drinking, it quieted me down, and it was a fresh start, and where do we go from here.

It is good to listen, it gets you hit. It is good to listen, so you don't put yourself in a position to be hit in the first place.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply