Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words that begin with the letter "B"

B is for Big, Better, Best. I have freedom of choice. I only get out of recovery what I put into it. I still want to walk with a big stick. I still like to have authority, but in today I can be a team player and walk with others. It is much better to walk with others. For best results, it is best to walk with others in recovery.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Beautiful. It can be a beautiful world. A lot is determined by my attitude. When I look for the beauty in all things, it is generally there to be found. Sometimes I have to look real hard, other times it is glaringly apparent, and at other times I have to learn to identify, not compare.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Beware. We have a disease of perception. I had to pray and ask for clarity to make sure that my perception wasn't off. I had to ask for the healing and clarity of thought and vision. I had to be aware of the symptoms of my disease, so that I could be ever watchful for triggers and warnings of the situations that are not good for my sobriety.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Boundaries. We need to set boundaries with others, especially with family. Boundries can be set at vareying degrees, some close, some not so close. I found they had to be repaired and reinstated because some people ignore or step right over them.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:07 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Beginnings. Each day is a new beginning. A day can start any time when we pause and ask for help and start a new beginning and say, "Just for today, I choose not to use people, places and things to take me out of where I am at." There is a difference between using and our God utilizing them to show us a new way of life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-07-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:52 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Belong. If you want to belong, get active in service, especially in your home group. Service is an important part of recovery. It is difficult to be sober without it.

How do you find a good friend? Be one!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Best. Be the best you that you can be in today. All we are asked to do is try. TRY is comprised of the last letter of the words "JusT foR TodaY! Sometimes our best not measure up to what others believe we should be, but that is there stuff and not ours to take on.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Last edited by MajestyJo; 12-07-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Birthdays. Celebrate your birthday. You are celebrating for you and for the Fellowship that you belong to. It isn't about you, it is showing the newcomer, that the program works when you work it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #9
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Big. Big is better, especially when it refers to the Big Book. It is meant to be read. It is for identification, please try to identify, not compare. Take the words and the suggestions off the pages and apply them to your life. Your life will be enriched and you will be sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Boundaries. Set them. They are for your own serenity and peace of mind. Set a boundary for family, one for friends, for strangers, etc. Boundaries can be moved according to your needs.

Sometimes boundaries have to be reinforced. Other times built back up again because they have been trampled on. The need to be affirmed, let the other party know they are there.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for "It is okay to just be." We don't always have to be busy, we can get addicted to busy. We can go back into old ways and use other people, places, and things, so we don't have to look at others and our own recovery.

Sometimes a door closes and a new one has yet to open, it is a state of being and a hard place to be.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #14
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

B is for Beautiful. Take in the beauty of nature. The Creator created a wondrous panorama for our enjoyment and many natural things to help supply our needs. Remember you are beautiful. You are a Child of God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply