Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > A.A. History With Dick B.

Share This Forum!  

A.A. History With Dick B. Dick B. is an active, recovered member of Alcoholics Anonymous; a retired attorney; and a Bible student. He has sponsored more than one hundred men in their recovery from alcoholism. Consistent with A.A.'s traditions of anonymity, he uses the pseudonym "Dick B." Please feel free to read and share in this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
Nick L.

Thank you for the responses. I am a Christian and also in recovery. There is no way I could make it without the 12 steps and the 12 step programs of NA and AA. I have always been fascinated with the history of AA. Since I posted the first post I have since purchased The Good Book and The Big Book. I am looking for a specific answer to a specific question. I have no doubt that without a 12 step program of recovery we have slim to none chance of recovery here. My question is this do you think you can get to heaven with a God of your understanding? The way I read the bible and study in small groups etc. is that the only way to the father is through Jesus, the cross, and resurrection. Do you think alcoholics have a loophole to the after life. I not trying to change the program. I am just curios as a bible student.
By the way Joe I got sober in OKC. I left in 1991 and moved SLC.
Thanks,
Nick L.
Nick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply