Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Recovery Readings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Recovery Readings Start your day here with Daily Recovery Readings. Feel Free To Share Your Experience, Strength & Hope.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-16-2024, 05:33 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 16

Avoiding blame

It is not uncommon to hear in group, "Why do these things always happen to me?" If these things are always happening to us, the obvious answer is that we somehow bring them on ourselves. We are largely unconscious of what we're doing (wrong) until, slowly, eventually, we manage to dig ourselves out from the results. (It seems incredible that we actually seek to be hurt, but in a way many of us do so, with regularity.)

But blaming others for our problems and indulging in self-pity don’t move us along in our program.

Am I still blaming others?

Higher Power, help me take responsibility for myself and my actions, because blaming others will only keep me stuck.

I will take greater responsibility for myself today by...

Today's reading is from the book Day by Day: Daily Meditations for Recovering Addicts*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2024, 05:51 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 17

Reflection for the Day

Can I be wholeheartedly grateful for today? If so, I'm opening doors to more and more abundant good. What if I can't be thankful for the "rain" that has fallen in my life - for the so-called bad times? What then? I can begin by giving thanks for all the sunshine I can remember, and for every blessing that has come my way. Perhaps then I'll be able to look back over the rainy periods of my life with new vision, seeing them as necessary; perhaps then, hidden blessings I've overlooked will come to my attention. Am I grateful for all of life - both the sunshine and the rain?
Today I Pray

May I be grateful for all that has happened to me, good and bad. Bad helps to define good. Sorrow intensifies joy. Humility brings spirituality. Disease turns health into a paradise. Loneliness makes love, both human and Divine, the greatest gift of all. I am grateful for all of the contrasts that have helped me connect more deeply with my Higher Power.
Today I Will Remember

I am grateful for the whole of life.

Today's reading is from the book A Day at a Time: Daily Reflections for Recovering People*
Old 05-18-2024, 02:11 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 18

Impulsive reactions never benefit us.

Immediate responses to every situation aren't necessary. But sometimes we make snap decisions because we fear looking inadequate or stupid. Unfortunately, because we don't pause long enough to think through a response or to ask God for guidance, we often do look ignorant - just what we had hoped to avoid.

Our recovery program gives us permission to slow down, to wait for guidance from our Higher Power. It also helps us assess our strengths along with our weaknesses. Understanding that each of us is a worthwhile human being with a unique purpose is a gift of this program.

My contribution to every experience today can be according to God’s will, if I ask for knowledge of it.

Today's reading is from the book A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance*
Old 05-19-2024, 06:45 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 19

The hard rain and wind are ways the cloud has to take care of us.

~Rumi

It's the nature of human life to keep changing. Sometimes, instead of joy, life seems to bring only problems. At times we may feel overwhelmed with frustration and disappointment. As a problem is resolved, it explodes with myriad seeds of new ones. The more we embrace life, the more we risk.

We can no longer withdraw into isolation or retreat from involvement with other people and life for more than a brief time. That option is no longer open to us. Whether through coming out or entering recovery - both, for many of us - we’ve taken an irrevocable step into a life touched by the lives of others. We are blessed to experience both joy and sadness as part of this life. Our griefs, instead of diminishing us, can expand our hearts with compassion for others.

Today, grief teaches me to be more compassionate and loving.

Today's reading is from the book Glad Day
Old 05-20-2024, 05:24 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 20

Send me the right thought, word, or action. Show me what my next step should be. In times of doubt and indecision, please send Your inspiration and guidance.

~Alcoholics Anonymous

The good news of surrendering ourselves and our life to a Power greater than ourselves is that we come into harmony with a Grand Plan, one greater than we can imagine.

We are promised Divine Guidance if we ask for it, if we work the Twelve Steps. What greater gift could we receive than knowing our thoughts, words, and actions are being directed?

We aren't a mistake. And we don't have to control or repress ourselves or others for life to work out. Even the strange, the unplanned, the painful, and those things we call errors can evolve into harmony.

We will be guided into understanding what we need to do to take care of ourselves. We will begin to trust our instincts, our feelings, our thoughts. We will know when to go, to stop, to wait. We will learn a great truth: the plan will happen in spite of us, not because of us.

I pray today and each day that my thoughts, words, and actions may be Divinely led. I pray that I can move forward in confidence, knowing my steps are guided.

Today's reading is from the book The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency*
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 21

The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.

~Mortimer Adler

In some areas of our lives, we are right on target. Our level of maturity is exactly as it should be, and we are going through the stages that people of our age ought to be going through. In other areas, this is not so. We are complex people, irregular, uneven. In all of us, there are areas fixated in some emotional ice age, areas that have not felt the freeing warmth of the sun.

We cannot expect ourselves to move forward all at once. Not only is it okay to move slowly - it's often the only way it can be. Confusion, conflict, or pain may have caused us to let our memories or feelings be frozen safely away. This has been a long process, and we can allow ourselves more time to heal. The task now is not to deny or hide from these changes, but to have confidence that the healing warmth of the program will reflect on all areas of our lives and help make us whole.

I am thankful I am given both time and patience in which to continue my growth.

Today's reading is from the book Days of Healing, Days of Joy: Daily Meditations for Adult Children*
Old Today, 05:50 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 22

The bluebird carries the day on his back.

~Henry David Thoreau

What a happy thought. Imagine a bluebird building its home in a nest box, chattering away to tell the world, "I'm here, and I'm busy!"

The bluebird does not think about yesterday or tomorrow but only about doing the next right thing to make the present day a good one. The bluebird listens for an inner voice - the voice that tells it when to start building a nest or when to begin its flight south for the coming winter.

We can learn from the bluebird. When we do our activities of the day, one at a time, we put together a good day - a day that is just what it is supposed to be.
Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me be true to myself today and to live my life just the way it is supposed to be. Help me feel the joy of it!
Today's Action

Today I will talk with my sponsor or a friend in recovery about how my days need to be at this time in my life. I will be happy that I know how to live well today.

Today's reading is from the book God Grant Me: More Daily Meditations from the Authors of Keep It Simple*
Post New ThreadReply