Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 16

Prayer for the Morning

Father, as I face this new day, let me be aware of the work you have done for me as I slept. I praise you that your loving care never slumbers, but has been with me while I was least aware of it; and that you renew me and the whole world, fresh every day, preparing your plans for me.

I pray that I may seek your will this day, your plan for my life, and carry out your plan in my every action. I lay my hopes and fears on an altar before you, that your Holy Spirit may guide my hopes toward the light of your holiness, and may quiet my fears with the knowledge of your infinite peace, in total confidence that your grace will save me from the evils of this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Prayer of Thanks

O Thou whose bounty fills my cup with every blessing meet! I give Thee thanks for every drop, the bitter and the sweet.

I praise Thee for the desert road, and for the riverside; for all Thy goodness hath bestowed, and all Thy grace denied.

I thank Thee for both smile and frown, and for the gain and loss; I praise Thee for the future crown and for the present cross.

I thank Thee for both wings of love which stirred my worldly nest; and for the stormy clouds which drove me, trembling, to Thy breast.

I bless Thee for the glad increase, and for the waning joy; and for this strange, this settled peace which nothing can destroy. Amen. by Jane Crewdson (1860)

O God and Father of all, whom the whole heavens adore: Let the whole earth also worship you, all nations obey you, all tongues confess and bless you, and men and women everywhere love you and serve you in peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, I pray, Amen.

Walk as Jesus Walked

Father, I come before your Throne, and put you in remembrance of my family. I pray that we will walk as Jesus walked. We clothe ourselves with humility, knowing that you give grace to the humble. I pray that we will walk in self-confidence because Jesus is our Lord. It is my prayer that we will live for the glory of God in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Colossians 3:12; Romans 6:11

Dear Lord God, people today are looking for someone to love them, and for someone to listen to them. Help each of us to see that we are really looking for You! ... You have known this from the beginning of time, and when You realized that we needed a better understanding of Your love and all that You desired for us, You sent Your Son, Christ Jesus. ... He not only showed us what You are like - our Creator with a Father's deep love and concern for us - but He showed us what we can become! Because of His example, always seeking Your will first, and because of His teachings, we can find purpose for our lives. Because of His sacrifice, making possible our forgiveness, we have the promise of a new spiritual life here and now, and eternal life to come! Oh Lord God, help us to grasp the significance of Jesus' divine birth, for He was Your supreme and loving gift to all who can and will believe in Him.

In the name of Jesus we pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, wilt thou guide me in the direction where I may choose a useful life; open wide my heart as well as my eyes, that I may early see my work and be diligent in its prosecution. Reveal to me, when I may have failed, that I may do better tomorrow. Amen.

Discerning, not Deceived

Colossians 2:4-7

Dear Father, my rock,

Help me to think clearly with discernment. Keep me from being taken in by the beguiling speech of deceivers.

Give me great joy in manifesting good order in my conduct and being absolutely firm in my faith.

As I received Christ Jesus as the Lord, grant that I may live in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith.

Grant that I may do this with great praise and thanksgiving!

All praise, thanksgiving, honor, and glory to you, our Father, for what you have done for me through Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed. Isaiah 50:4, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for giving us the task of serving you in the name of your servant, Jesus Christ, for letting each of us have a part in carrying out your will. Keep us true to this service. We want to be faithful, always listening to you, for you open our ears and help us know your will and respond to it. Be with us in these days. Strengthen your love and compassion in all hearts. May the life of Jesus Christ gain greater and greater power in all people on earth. Amen.

Father, as we pray today, we are thankful for Your word and Your gift of love to us. Jesus is the name above all other because it is He who saves us from our sins. There is no other name under heaven whereby we can be saved from our sin. To speak your name Lord Jesus brings healing, peace, love, forgiveness, blessing, favor, and everlasting life to be enjoyed in eternity as well as now. You are all we need if we are willing to accept Your gift of grace, mercy, forgiveness, and love. May we celebrate this time of year with a heart that is committed to sharing Your gift with those who are lost and alone.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful teachings we find in the Bible. Help us to apply these analogies to our personal lives. We can learn a lot just by observing Your magnificent creation. Lord, thank You for pointing out the examples of wisdom found in Your tiny creatures. Teach us Your wisdom in our daily affairs, so that we learn how to prevent problems in our lives. Lord, may we walk in love in all of our affairs, as that is one of the wisest things we can do. We ask in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those In Fear”

Father, the message conveyed by the angels was heard by the shepherds and rings out for all generations. Multiple circumstances can frighten us causing us to lose hold of the assurance that You watch over and care for us. We need not fear the terror of night nor the arrow that flies by day, moving swiftly, coming suddenly, and striking when we least expect it. Though trials assail us they will not engulf us, for we overcome the enemy of fear through the word of our testimony. Jesus overcame the enemies of hatred, persecution, suffering and death and rose victorious over the grave. May the same resurrected power of Jesus subside our fears and doubts and build our faith and trust in the Holy One of Israel. Amen.

What Need I Fear?
St. Columba (521-597)
Alone with none but thee, my God,
I journey on my way.
What need I fear when thou art near,
Oh king of night and day?
More safe am I within thy hand
Than if a host did round me stand.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply