Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 22

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer to Have Inner Peace in the Coming Week

Heavenly God, may I have peace within, this day and throughout the coming week;
May I trust that I am exactly where I am meant to be.
May I not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May I use those gifts that I have received, and pass on the love that has been given to me.
May I be confident knowing I am a child of God.
Let this presence settle into my bones, and allow my soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. This I pray in Christ's name,
Amen.

Thanks for Christ’s Birth

God of every nation and people, from the beginning of Creation you have made known your love through the gift of your Son, who bears the name Emmanuel, “God with Us”. In the fullness of time the Christ-child came to be the Good News to all who would receive him.

Grant that I may remember every day the blessing that this season represents, to me personally and to all Christians throughout the world; and especially, to those who have not yet received the Word, but may find Christ in the future. Thank you, Lord, for your great blessing to us all. Amen.

Oh God who has made me, oh God who keeps me, oh God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down Your blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep You in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore. Amen.

Security

Father, in the name of Jesus, I bless my family and co-workers daily with faith and love. May we be filled with hope for the word of truth; the gospel is our mainstay. The Prince of Peace is our Companion and Strength for this day. We are secure, for we have received Your abundant provision of grace and the gift of righteousness through Jesus Christ. At night we rest in perfect peace, consoled by thoughts of Your love for us, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Prayers That Avail Much First Blessings for Your Child)

Colossians 1:5; Romans 5:17

Most gracious heavenly Father, help me to slow down in preparing for Christmas. Often I find myself running over my own shadow when hurry, stress, and overload are gaining on me. ... Remind me that Christmas should bring joy; help me to be joyful! ... Christmas should be a time of love; help me to be loving! ... Christmas should be a time of thanksgiving and hope. ... I need to count my blessings, for no matter my present circumstances, I have blessings that others do not have. And because of the significance of Jesus' birth, Your gift to me, I can have hope! ... This Christmas season, let my joy, my love, my thanksgiving, and my hope reflect You, so that others may better understand the real meaning of Christmas and want to know You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4–7, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, let your joy be always in us, your children. Let your joy bring light and peace to our lives, no matter what happens around us. May we serve you in joy, aware of your peace at all times, so that something of this peace may go out from us to grieving hearts and to regions of the world that are in darkness. Father in heaven, how many unhappy people look up without knowing where to find help! But you will come to them. We beseech you, come to those who mourn, and let them find joy and trust for their redemption in Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply