Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 25

A Prayer for Christmas Morning

The day of joy returns, Father in Heaven, and crowns another year with peace and good will. Help us rightly to remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and the worship of the wise men.

Close the doors of hate and open the doors of love all over the world. Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil, by the blessing that Christ brings, and teach us to be merry with clean hearts.

May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children, and the Christmas evening bring us to our bed with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven, for Jesus’ sake. Amen. by Robert Louis Stevenson

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

A Christmas Prayer

Jesus, the Light of the World, as we celebrate your birth, may we begin to see the world in the light of the understanding you give us. As you chose the lowly, the outcasts, and the poor to receive the good news of salvation, so may we worship you in meekness of heart and humility of spirit. May we also remember our brothers and sisters less fortunate than ourselves in this season of giving. Amen.

Christmas Day Prayer

Father, we come to celebrate the Gift that You sent to us; the birth of Jesus, Emanuel, God with us. We pray that future generations will remember the sacred purpose of this celebration, and follow in our footsteps as we follow You. Jesus, we acknowledge that You are the Word that became flesh and lived among us. You are full of grace and truth, and from You we receive one gift after another. I give You all that I have—I give You myself – spirit, soul and body, and pray that future generations will walk in truth. Amen.

John 1:1, 14-16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORD JESUS! Because of You, I am. Because of You, I can become. Let me give You praise! Because You were born to be my Savior, I can turn to You in my need. Because of Your grace, I am forgiven. ... Oh Lord, You loved me enough to die for me; help me in turn to love You enough to LIVE for You. Let me give You my LIFE - my birthday gift to You.

In Your holy name I pray. Amen.

© 2005 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I give honor and praise to express my joy for thy great love in the gift of thy Son, Jesus Christ. With a glad heart I wish all mankind "A merry Christmas," and may I ever remember, where the angels sang, "Peace on earth, good will toward men." Amen.

In the Name of Jesus

Colossians 3:15-17

Dear Father,

Let Christ's peace rule in our hearts. Let us be at peace in his one body. Fill our hearts and mouths with overflowing thanksgiving.

Let Christ's word dwell in us richly. Let us teach and admonish each other in all wisdom.

Let us impart grace through the songs flowing from thankful hearts.

May we do everything, whatever it is, in the name of our Lord Jesus.

We give thanks to you, our God and Father, through his name. Amen.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6, RSV

Lord our God, you have sent light to shine on earth and have revealed your heavenly power in Jesus Christ, so that in spite of all the darkness and evil we may rejoice because we have a Savior. Reveal your power in our day. Let something be done anew toward the building of your kingdom on earth. Let something draw men's hearts to you to give them light so that they may thank and praise you for all you have done and are still doing to bring the whole world into your hands. O Lord God, let men be moved by the opening of the heavens. May their hearts awaken and their sadness give way to joy in Jesus Christ the Savior. We are your children who are allowed to wait in expectation for you to set everything right. We can know that even in our troubled times your hand is at work to reveal your will, to make your will plain to all generations on earth, as you promised through Abraham. May your name be glorified, O Lord God. May your name be honored, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Make Me Strong in Spirit
Abby Willowroot
Make me strong in spirit,
Courageous in action,
Gentle of heart,

Let me act in wisdom,
Conquer my fear and doubt,
Discover my own hidden gifts,

Meet others with compassion,
Be a source of healing energies,
And face each day with hope and joy.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply