Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #91
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

A NEW LOOK AT OLD ATTITUDES

"I can change. I can live out my imagination instead of my memory. I can tie myself to my limitless potential instead of my limiting past."
-- Stephen Covey

I was eating lunch with a friend who shared that she disliked one of the vegetables on my plate and hadn't eaten any since childhood. I suggested that sometimes our tastes change and maybe she could give it another try. She did, and to her surprise, she enjoyed it. Her world became a little richer as she opened to new possibilities.

Is there something in your life you might be willing to give another try?

"Change. It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly it is worth the risk."
-- Leo Buscaglia

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #92
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE KEY TO THE FUTURE

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination."
-- John Schaar

We've been taught to look forward to our future. Somehow, we believe, things will be better then. But the future is not available to be lived - we can only live NOW. So what are we doing to live best right now? What are we doing now that will bear fruit when we reach some future now?

"Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present."
-- Roger Babson

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of w

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #93
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

REMOVE THE FILTERS

"You got to look at things with the eye in your heart, not with the eye in your head."
-- Lame Deer, Medicine Man of the Oglala people

Whenever we're thinking, our experience is being filtered through our minds. For example, when I say to myself, "What a beautiful sunset!" I am not fully experiencing the sunset because I am involved with the words in my mind.

Explore letting go of the thoughts, the words, and connecting directly with your experiences. Tune in to the silence and the sensations in your body. Be aware of the spaciousness this brings because this is truly living in the present moment.

Being present doesn't mean that we have to abandon thinking entirely. That's not feasible, of course. But we can experiment with what it's like to stop thinking once in a while!

"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
-- Hans Margolius

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #94
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

"It is never about how good your voice is; it is only about feeling the urge to sing, and then having the courage to do it with the voice you are given."
-- Katie in 'True to Form' by Elizabeth Berg

How often have you allowed fear and your inner critic to stop you from doing something you were inspired to do?

Helen Keller said, "Life is either a grand adventure or nothing." When we allow fear and criticism to stop us in our tracks, we give up that grand adventure. What a waste!

"Be an all-out, not a hold-out."
-- Norman Vincent Peale

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose. Maybe it is time to do life instead of life doing you!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 PM   #95
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

GROWING THROUGH AWARENESS OF MONEY

"What is [the role of money] in the search for meaning? Is our relationship to it one of the chief factors that keeps us in our prison, or could it also be a tool for breaking out, for awakening to a life filled with intensity of purpose?"
-- Jacob Needleman

How do you relate to money?

Money is a powerful tool for growth. Pay sharp attention to your thoughts, emotions, reactions and actions where money is involved. Don't judge what you find; just be aware of what's going on. Your growing awareness will automatically support changes in your behaviour.

"What we're after in Prospering is nothing less than a major shift in consciousness-in the attitudes, beliefs, and ideas you have about yourself and your relationship to money."
-- Jerrold Mundis

*** Tackle your financial challenges holistically!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #96
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

ATTACHMENT

"The soul that is attached to anything, however much good there may be in it, will not arrive at the liberty of divine union. For whether it be a strong wire rope or a slender and delicate thread that holds the bird, it matters not, if it really holds it fast; for until the cord be broken, the bird cannot fly."
-- Saint John of the Cross

"Attachment to spiritual things is... just as much an attachment as inordinate love of anything else."
-- Thomas Merton

"The tighter you squeeze, the less you have."
-- Zen Saying

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper....

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #97
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

CONSCIOUS COMMUNICATION

"If we want to be compassionate we must be conscious of the words we use. We must both speak and listen from the heart."
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg

Conscious communication requires us to be truly present to what is occurring. When we are unconscious, we both speak to and react to others out of habit. And in the face of what we perceive as someone's judgment and criticism, we automatically (and unconsciously) defend, withdraw or attack.

To communicate consciously requires attention to two areas:

I need to speak from awareness of what I am perceiving, feeling and needing, and
Through watching and listening, I need to be aware of those same needs in others.
"When we focus on clarifying what is being observed, felt, and needed rather than on diagnosing and judging, we discover the depth of our own compassion."
-- Marshall B. Rosenberg

Explore your typical defence mechanisms in our Know Yourself workbook.

Become aware of your subconscious limitations, your character strengths, weaknesses and potentials, your life challenges, gifts, talents, and your deepest desires and aspirations.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #98
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

LIVE LIFE FULLY

"Time is life. It is irreversible and irreplaceable. To waste your time is to waste your life, but to master your time is to master your life and make the most of it."
-- Alan Lakein

Refuse to feel USED by life! Make full use of it instead.

To do this, we initially need to take control of the time of our lives. Time management is life management, from the inside out. It's an INSIDE job. You already have everything you need. You have the power to create a life of meaning, fulfillment and joy.

Your challenge is to find what works for you! Review the literature but make your own decisions. To do this, you'll need to:

Get to know yourself -- your desires and passions, rhythms, styles, challenges, needs and habits.

Be aware that you always have choice. Claim your independence and power to choose what is right for your life, moment by moment.

"Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."
-- M. Scott Peck

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #99
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

MAKING LIFE OUR OWN

"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways."
-- Stephen Vincent Benet

What's needed for a new relationship with time and life?

Intention -- Get really clear about what you want.

Desire -- How much do you want something new for yourself? Know your motivation. Desire brings the energy for change.

Belief and/or willingness to trust you can have what you want. If belief is lacking, can you believe in the possibility that you can find a new way of living?

Perseverance, discipline -- It takes time and effort to change attitudes and habits. We can't expect a new life overnight.

Acceptance, both of what's happening now and of who we are. Until we honestly and openly accept our present situation, we cannot change it.

A willingness to try something new.

"It is so easy to waste our lives: our days, our hours, our minutes. ... It is so easy to exist instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking. So many of us changed our lives when we heard a biological clock and decided to have kids. But that sound is a murmur compared to the tolling of mortality."
-- Anna Quindlen

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:28 PM   #100
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

GROWING OURSELVES

"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

We are all on a life-long journey. It is a search for who we are and why we are here. It is a journey that expands our consciousness.

There is an urge within each of us to move forward in life. It is an urge to become more whole, to find more meaning, and eventually to help others. It is human nature to strive for a sense of well-being.

We all go through the same growth cycles, though our experiences may appear entirely different. By understanding the process of personal and spiritual growth, we can work more effectively with the process, instead of fighting and resisting it.

"We can learn to be the catalysts for our own change."
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #101
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

CHANGING CONSCIOUSNESS

Why should we care about raising our consciousness? When we set an intention to change and grow, we begin a journey in which we move from coping, to learning and finally, to the enjoyment of living.

Here are some of the shifts we move through:

From dependence on the clock, to charting a direction, to moment-to-moment guidance from intuition.

From doing things right, to doing the right things, to being your true self.

From lack of self discipline to having personal willpower to being completely willing to express our essence.

From being out of control, to being in control, to trusting and letting go of the need to control.

With each step, we experience greater freedom, fulfillment and joy. Worth going for, don't you think?

"Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change."
-- Stephen R. Covey
*** Awareness is the key to all change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #102
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

GOING FOR GUILT-FREE PLAY

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do. The fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."
-- Mary Little

When you're tempted with a promise of pleasure, does guilt promptly spoil it for you?

For many of us, the work ethic still rules supreme. It keeps our life out of balance and our health at risk. There will always be lots of work to do. We can't wait for it to go away to enjoy ourselves.

Today, we invite you to become aware of your attitude towards rest, relaxation, pleasure and fun. When you give yourself a break, do you carry guilt through it? Deep down, do you believe that you don't deserve to have a good time, that you haven't earned a holiday? If you do discover these thoughts, send them packing.

"Guilt is the source of sorrows, the avenging fiend that follows us behind with whips and stings."
-- Nicholas Rowe
*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #103
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AWARENESS THROUGH LOVE AND FEAR

"There is nothing holier in this life of ours than the first consciousness of love -- the first fluttering of its silken wings -- the first rising sound and breath of that wind which is so soon to sweep through the soul, to purify or to destroy."
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Our inner journey takes us through the following stages relative to love and fear:

UNCONSCIOUS LOVE: When we are born, we exist as pure love but we are not conscious of our love.
UNCONSCIOUS FEAR: Our souls have set the stage for our evolution. As we grow, unconscious fears arise in our personalities that draw experiences to us that wound us.
CONSCIOUS FEAR: Our wounds bring pain and suffering that enable us to become conscious of our fears.
CONSCIOUS LOVE: When we've suffered enough pain, we are motivated to move through our fears to consciously experience the love that supports all.
"Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
-- Alexander Smith

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #104
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

THE EYES OF THE SOUL

Today, we want to share a passage from Martia Nelson's book, 'Coming Home':
"My greatest teacher was the experience of living in split realities: personality and true self. Personality is our daily companion, our conscious self that sees the world through the eyes of limitation and dutifully keeps us informed about what we can and cannot do. True self, on the other hand, patiently stands by, offering the unwavering knowledge that a state of vibrant well- being and unlimited possibility is our true nature, a birthright that can be lived if we choose to do so. ... True self simply refers to the aspect of our being that is completely aware of its expanded nature no matter what we may be experiencing at the time."

Whenever we feel constrained, fearful, unworthy, inadequate or anything we deem to be negative, we have identified with our personality. We can always choose to view the same situation from the perspective of our soul.

"As a Witness, you begin to discover that you are not that which you have been observing; you are not those things that you have been noticing about your body. Instead, you are the noticer."
-- Wayne Dyer

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #105
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

WHY DO YOU WANT MONEY?

"Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul."
-- Henry David Thoreau

Money is nothing more than a medium of exchange. While we may want more money to get out of debt or to have more cash to play with, we want to set goals that represent more than just making money. And so we might ask, "What do I want money to do for me?"

Look to the values beneath money. What is happiness to you? What things, qualities, service, purpose do you value in life?

"If all the gold in the world were melted down into a solid cube, it would be about the size of an eight room house. If a man got possession of all that gold -- billions of dollars worth -- he could not buy a friend, character, peace of mind, clear conscience or a sense of eternity."
-- Charles F. Bunning

*** Tackle your financial challenges holistically!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply