Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Doing My Part

I have met all kinds of people in recovery meetings, most of whom I thought I had nothing in common with because of all the different things that were going on in their life that had nothing to do with what was going on in mine. I've learned that while we all have these different things going on, what we have in common with each other, is what's going on inside of us and this is the same for all of us. I didn't understand this for a long time and it took me going to a lot of meetings until I could and after I did I then thought that all those differences weren't so important now because I could see that underneath all of that our struggle is the same and I am doing my part in all this by sharing what's going on with me . When I do this I get something in return that helps me more than anything else has. All of us have a role to play in recovery so that we all can help each other and we all have the ability to do just that when each of us shares, and we're all doing our part when we do so that everyone can benefit from our sharing.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply