Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Topic of the week, words beginning with XYZ

X is for Xenophobia. One reference says, "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries."

Xenophobia is the fear and distrust of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. Another said, 'Fear of aliens and strangers.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Y is for Yellow. It is the color of caution. Reality can suck sometimes and we want to ignore it, but it generally paints a true picture of what we need for our recovery each day. We can develop tunnel vision, turn blind eyes, have selective hearing, and all manner of things to take us out of today and not living in the moment.

I have gained weight here and told a psw (personal support worker) today that I felt like a fat cow.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zest. Have you got some zest for living? Maybe we need to do like they say about the onion, peel off the outer layers to find what is underneath. Zest comes in many flavours, Blood orange for stop, lime for go, and lemon for caution. Take away the negativity to make room for the positive in your life. Don't look at what you don't have, look at what you do have.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

X is for eXtreme. We don't have to go into eXtremes, that is part of our addiction. We need to learn to balance our life, and not go into those eXtreme highs and lows.

Love the skin your in.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Y is for Yield. Yield not into temptation. Turn things over to your HP, He will see you through. Let go of what no longer serves you and make room for new things in your life. Don't let those old tapes get in the way.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:54 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Z is for Zebra. We tend to look at things as black and white We forget that thanks to recovery, there are shades of gray. It doesn't have to be either/or, there is compromise and communication to meet on a middle ground.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply