Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sound. It is important to have a sound foundation on which to build your program on. Solid as a rock they say. We don't want anyone falling through the cracks.

It is important to share and meetings, not to just hear the sound of your own voice, but to look at where your program is at. Sounding out others, because this is a 'we' program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #17
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Should. Quit Shoulding all over the place. Could have, would have, should have, you didn't or you did, let go and let God.

Smile.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #18
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sobriety. One addict sharing with another addict. That is how it works.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #19
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Serenity. Be serene if you can. I was told to envision a place from my past that was safe and made me feel good. I went back to the beaver pond from my childhood, that was surrounded by birch trees and tall ever so green grass. Beyond the pond, was a field of wild flowers. I took it for granted back then, I didn't appreciate the beauty of the moment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:44 AM   #20
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Stop. Stop and take an inventory. Stop a momentand think things out instead of act react. Stop and look at where your thinking is at. Does it need to be changed?

When we go to a meeting and share, we can here ourselves and we can see where we are at and we can hear others share and get some Good Orderly Direction.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:30 PM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Show Me. Show me is not an act of trust. Sometimes we have to believe sight unseen. We have to trust the process. As we work the Steps, we will see how we have changed within ourselves.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #22
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Smile. Smile even if you don't feel like it. pass it on and you will find that you generally get them back, and you will begin to feel better.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Sorrow. We get not so good moment in recovery, sadness is part of the grieving process we experience in early recovery. We have lost our best friend, our drug of choice, that stopped working for us. it eas my best friend, and became my worst enemy.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #24
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Slow. you will often see me identify myself as a slow recovering alcoholic/addict. i say slow because I had a lot of memories that were buried deeply and it took a while to dig them all out. i can still have new memories in today. i learned from the people when i came in, and i still continue do learn from the new people. it isn't getting any nicer out there. i try to go to a meeting in today with an attitude of a newcomer. i still havelts to learn. When you think you know everything, you know nothing.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

S is for Serenity. The only way I could come close was to practice meditation. iI had to empty and quietnmy mind. i had to get me out of the way and let the goodness come in.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply