Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pause For Thought (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337)

MajestyJo 02-21-2016 10:22 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...97&oe=5766B71A

MajestyJo 02-21-2016 10:25 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...af&oe=575FA8BF

MajestyJo 02-25-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Sometimes we come across a sentence in a book or hear a comment which halts us in our tracks because it's so true. I had this feeling when I was reading Arthur Hailey's novel about life in a great hotel. One of the guests, an elderly widower, tells a young couple who are much in love with each other: "You never know how much you share with someone till the sharing ends. So grab on to every minute there is. Don't waste any time. You never get it back."

That advice says everything, doesn't it?

- Francis Gay

Old friends are like old slippers -
You're always glad they're there,
So easy on life's "bunions",
So comforable to wear!

- Anne Kreer
This reminds me it is one day at a time. This too shall pass, be it good or the not so good things in our life. Live each day to it's fullest. We are given a second chance at life, enjoy it, be grateful and show it.

http://angelwinks.ca/images/iq/qcteddy485.jpg

MajestyJo 02-28-2016 03:54 AM

Found this on my site Soundness of Mind. It is probably posted here on the site somewhere, but it is a good thought in today. Originally posted in 2011.

While a man was polishing his new car, his 4 yr old son picked up a stone and scratched lines on the side of the car. In anger, the man took the child's hand and hit it many times; not realizing he was using a wrench.

At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple
fractures. When the child saw his father.....with painful eyes he asked, `Dad when will my fingers grow back?' The man was so hurt and speechless; he went back to his car and kicked it a lot of times.

Devastated by his own actions..... . .sitting in front of that car he
looked at the scratches; the child had written `LOVE YOU DAD'.
The next day that man committed suicide. . .

Anger and Love have no limits; choose the latter to have a beautiful, lovely life..... Things are to be used and people are to be loved, But the problem in today's world is that, People are used and things are loved.... During this year, let's be careful to keep this thought in mind: Things are to be used, but People are to be loved ... Be yourself.... . This is the only day we HAVE.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits they become character;
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...-tYxXtNeEJNsqi

MajestyJo 03-03-2016 12:12 AM

Walk through life with a caring heart,
You'll always find someone in need;
Go out of your way to help,
And you will be blessed by the deed.

For all life's blessings are born,
From a heart that's filled with love,
And all your good acts are seen
By the eyes of God above.

So as you travel through life
Always find some time to spare,
To give someone a helping hand,
With a heart that is full of care.

Received with thanks from my friend Bette

MajestyJo 03-03-2016 12:12 AM

A Time To Believe

To believe is to know that
every day is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen,
and dreams really do come true.

To believe is to see angels
dancing among the clouds,
To know the wonder of a stardust sky
and the wisdom of the man in the moon.

To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's eyes
and the beauty of an aging hand,
for it is through their teachings we learn to love.

To believe is to find the strength
and courage that lies within us
When it is time to pick up
the pieces and begin again.

To believe is to know
we are not alone,
That life is a gift
and this is our time to cherish it.

To believe is to know
that wonderful surprises are just
waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.

If only we believe.

~ Author Unknown to me ~

MajestyJo 03-16-2016 03:49 PM

Dealing With Frustrations

For me it is the Serenity Prayer (it won't wear out), talking about it and trying to let it go. My sponsor always told me to inventory my side of the street, clean it, and change what is my to own and let go of what isn't. As you say SunnyGirl, it is freedom of choice. Most times it is good to detach myself from things, like going downtown or going to bridge, it never solved anything but sitting and looking at four walls. If I get tired of being on the internet and reading, I can always go downstairs to sit in the community room. Sometimes belong along with me is not being in good company and I need to get out of the self by helping others or being with others. If I isolate, I isolate the problem and sometimes my thinking can blow it out of proportion and that is why it is good for me to pick up the phone and call my sponsor, a friend, and/or my sister.

I will also do a meditation with my cards, and work with stones on crystals, or use my books on the cards and stone. In order to use them, I need to say the Serenity Prayer, quiet my mind, and ask for help and they give me direction and guidance and they calm me down so I can go within to find my own truth. Over the years, I have learned that I don't need them to do that to get there, but they were a tool to show me the way and now when I just don't know or am in too much pain and overwhelmed, they bring me back to where I need to be. I don't have the money to invest in all the stones, so the cards work for me.

In my book Osho Transformation they say the following:

Worry for me is another word for frustration

Have you ever taken note of one thing?- the present is always juicy, the present is always blissful. Worry and suffering are created either by what you wanted to do in the past and could not do, or by what you want to do in the future and don't know whether you will be able to do or not. Did you ever notice, did you every look at this small truth, that there is no suffering in the present, there is no worry? This is is why the present does not distrube the mind-anxiety disturbs the mind. There is no suffering in the present. The present doesn't know suffering-the present is such a small moment that suffering cannot fit into it. In the present only heaven can fit, not hell. Hell is too big! The present can only be peace, can only be happiness.

This has always given me help to staying in the moment. My sponsor always use to say she had three seconds because she was narcoleptic (a sleeping disorder and she would have seisures on the bus or where ever she sat down and people would think she was sleeping not realizing that she needed to be woke up).

What ever you call it frustration, worry, stress, anxiety, anger, it all boils down to emotion and it is about dealing with them in a way that is good for us.

Anger (What frustration can build into!

Next time you feel angry, go and run around the house seven times, and afterwards sit under a tree and watch where the anger has gone. You have not repressed it, you have not controlled it, you have not thrown it on somebody else....

Anger is just a mental vomit. There is just no need to throw it on somebody. Do a little jogging, or take a pillow and beat the pillow until your hands and teeth are relaxed.

In transformation you never control, you simply become more aware. Anger is happening-it is a beautiful phenomenon, it is just like electricity in the clouds....

My counsellor had me do the pillow thing. I never really felt the anger and yet it was there buried very deep. What I didn't know was that it was okay to have these feeling and I tended to exaggerate them because they were unknown to me. I find I can still go into those old habits that allow me to stuff instead of letting them go because the role is familiar and seems to be the much easier softer way and we know that doesn't work in the long run.

MajestyJo 03-16-2016 03:55 PM

Being powerless is why I need acceptance, surrender and honesty to take Step One and it is an on going process for me my friend. I am just happy that people come by. It is my goal to make sure there is something here for them to read. Not just my two cents, my perception of a topic, but words of wisdom and hence one of my reasons for wanting to post cut and paste. I am not a guru and I have not come to the understanding that those of us who post here are either. I tried stopping playing God with my life and that of others a long time ago. She probably noticed that it hasn't changed much and that the same complaint that made her make the decision to leave is still alive and well on the site. I really miss her and her input into the site. Perhaps she will come back again, at least she signed in and let us know she was here and not just come visit.

I am not powerless over changing myself. I prefer to think of it as personal empowerment. I need the willingness to surrender, ask for help, and follow up the thought with action. Thought alone never got me any where.

My son considers me wrong period! I have to chuckle when he says things like: "You didn't teach me to cook mom, I just watched you." He won't let me in the kitchen when he is concocting. If I go in and give my two cents he leaves.

He is just not open to hearing anything especially anything about recovery.

I have cut back on what I add to the site and just try to respond and share with topics posted like ABCs, Chips, HAGD, and a share by another member.

It was good to see a few members sign in. It is good to see visitors. People coming by and not participating has been a long time issue here. I think some people don't feel comfortable and think their posts have to be just so, they don't know how to add pictures, they don't have the words to say what they want to say, some don't know how to navigate the board, and the list goes on.

I would like to encourage everyone, there is no right way or wrong way to share. Whether your words are many or few, it is nice to know that you are here and identify with what is posted here. We would like your likes and dislikes. What do you want to read when you visit us. We share because we care. Please keep coming.

Don't like think of myself as the power. I am powerless, except through my Higher Power. Only through my God, and this program was I able to change, not of myself.

It took acceptance of the fact that I had a problem. Acceptance that the program would work for me, and acceptance of the fact that I needed to work it one day at a time.

Acceptance is the key. Yet I can still fight it in today, even though I have been in recovery for several 24 hours. When I do, I stay stuck. I know the solution, and I often have to pray for the willingness to be willing to be willing.

If I am frustrated, it is because I am not accepting and I have put expectations on myself or projected them onto someone else. Things aren't happening in my time and I am back trying to play 'god' with my life or that of someone else's. There are many things, lack of patience, intolerance, and a lot of other defects of character that can get in the way, which need a time out and a prayer to before they become an action instead of a thought.

From a post on another site in 2009 and 2015.

No one can make me angry if I don't allow them to. These are words I said to a friend this morning.

http://img1.123tagged.com/en/GreatDay/102.gif

MajestyJo 04-11-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

A day that dawns bright and optimistic, can unravel as quickly and completely as one that begins with a tangle of trouble.

Whether I see it coming, or not, whether the undoing is of my own doing, or not, there are days when I find myself on the backside of the bright side.

Life sends everyone for a ride on the backside. People let you down. You disappoint yourself or someone else. Things hoped for, don't materialize. Jobs disappear. Finances escalate. Health deteriorates. Loved ones pass away.

Unless you live in an insulated bubble, a ride on the backside is inevitable.

Experience on the backside has taught me not to run to the company of misery -- those faithless, open, outstretched arms of self pity & hopelessness. I am not pitiful. I am not without hope and I am faith-filled. I have returned, victorious, to the bright side after every experience on the backside.

Where I am, is never as important as, who I am, while I'm there.

I can sit in darkness and I can despair over being there. I can moan and groan, pick up the phone and wail about my troubles to everyone who will listen. I can pound people with my problems every chance I get. I can seek out the company of those who enjoy misery's embrace and learn nothing from the experience.

Or...

I can poke a hole in the veil that separates the backside from the bright side and create a small stream of light to serve as reminder of the victory ahead. I can pray, and I can work my way through trials with ever increasing patience and ever growing strength of endurance. I can pay attention to the parts of my character that show up during difficult times and acknowledge the areas of weakness that need building up.

I can stand straighter and taller each step of the way, until the day I can rip the veil from top to bottom and claim my victory.

Even when life is at its darkest, you are never on the backside of nowhere. The bright side is always there, waiting for you to step back into it and experience your victory.

I AM
The Ancient One-Lordès

Used with permission)
A gift that was shared with me in 2004

Will always be grateful for this person. She makes me think of the piece of prose "A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime."

http://angelwinks.ca/images/iq/qckittens431.jpg

MajestyJo 04-17-2016 06:33 AM

A Candle

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e-animated.gif

Sit down and light a candle
Watch the flame, a story it will tell
Bringing back the secrets
Of memories you know so well
The flame will waver up and down
Reaching high and drifting low
Its movement will vary slowly
As the air begins gently to flow
When the flame moves upward
It depicts the highs in our life
Then flickering low once again
Tells of occasional strife

A lighted candle brings back memories
Of yesterday's peace and joy we felt
Priceless memories live once again
As we watch the candle melt
Light a candle and watch it burn
And reminisce as old memories return
Give thanks to God in heaven above
For all sweet memories of love

- - Glenna M. Baugh

MajestyJo 04-22-2016 05:25 AM

HARMONY

“I've got a theory, it could be bunnies...

I've got a theor-

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.
And what's with all the carrots-?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies!

...or maybe midgets...”

― Joss Whedon

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M1b...=0&w=300&h=300

MajestyJo 05-04-2016 10:12 PM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ef&oe=57A1FF27

MajestyJo 05-11-2016 05:44 PM

Words to Live By

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
Eat a live toad in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Never buy a car you can't push.
Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you don't have a leg to stand on.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well. just get up and dance.
The early worm gets eaten by the bird, so sleep late.
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.
Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?
You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened. We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.
Have an awesome day, and know that someone has thought about you today.

MajestyJo 05-13-2016 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Down with the letter "I"
I say, Up with the letter "U",
Down with the phrase "Let's not bother",
And up with the phrase "Let's do!"

- Anne Kreer

MajestyJo 05-16-2016 07:31 PM

Once heard someone say, "You may use my God in the moment." You need to find your own God, because I need mine.

Go on a spiritual journey to find out Who your God is to you. A woman use to spell God as G-d, because to her, He/She was all encompassing. I like the concept. Fill in the blank.

http://angelwinks.ca/images/versepod/versepod976.jpg