Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - September (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709)

dwmoeller 09-19-2013 10:20 AM

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. I Thessalonians 5:11

Thought: Be there for someone today.

bluidkiti 09-19-2013 10:47 AM

September 19

Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

Colossians 3:2 - 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Deuteronomy 20:1 — When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you.

dwmoeller 09-20-2013 09:57 AM

He who guards his lips guards his life. - Proverbs 13:3

Thought: Let the words from your mouth speak God's love from your heart.

bluidkiti 09-20-2013 10:20 AM

September 20

Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the Lord your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you— The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. Joel 2:23

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23

James 1:5 - 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

Psalm 116:1-2 — I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

God is so responsive that you can always reach him. He bends down and listens to your voice. This writer's love for the Lord has grown because he has experienced answers to his prayers. If you are discouraged, remember that God is near, listening carefully to every prayer and answering each prayer in order to give you his best.

bluidkiti 09-21-2013 11:08 AM

September 21

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. Proverbs 14:30

Romans 12:1 - 1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

Psalm 119:33 — Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end.

bluidkiti 09-22-2013 12:56 PM

September 22

Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Romans 15:7

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. 1 Thessalonians 4:7

Isaiah 63:9 - 9 In all their suffering he also suffered, and he personally rescued them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years.

dwmoeller 09-23-2013 09:51 AM

Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline, and understanding. - Proverbs 23:23

Thought: Truth is precious. Treasure it!

bluidkiti 09-23-2013 10:47 AM

September 23

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4

Jesus replied, I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty John 6:35

Psalm 69:16 - 16 Answer my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful.

BW1 09-23-2013 01:41 PM

"Whereby we are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises..." I Peter 1-4

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue and to virtue knowledge;

"And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

"And to Godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."
I Peter 5-7

dwmoeller 09-24-2013 08:41 AM

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. - Hebrews 12:14

Thought: Live in peace and show the Lord's way.

bluidkiti 09-24-2013 09:37 AM

September 24

Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: Hebrews 10:35-36

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.' John 8:12

Ephesians 1:17 - 17 asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.

2 Timothy 2:22 — Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Running away is sometimes considered cowardly. But wise people realize that removing themselves physically from temptation often can be the most courageous action to take. Remove yourself physically from any situation that stimulates your desire to sin. Knowing when to run is as important in spiritual battle as knowing when and how to fight.

dwmoeller 09-25-2013 09:22 AM

Never tire of doing what is right. 2 Thessalonians 3:13

Thought: Do what is right. It is the right thing to do.

bluidkiti 09-25-2013 10:16 AM

September 25

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1 John 2:1

Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. John 10:9

Colossians 3:1 - 1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 — So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

In a culture filled with moral depravity and sin-inducing pressures, here is encouragement about temptation:
1) Wrong desires and temptations happen to everyone, so don't feel you've been singled out
2) Others have resisted temptation — so can you
3) Any temptation can be resisted because God will help you resist it. God helps you resist temptation by helping you:
a) recognize those people and situations that give you trouble
b) run from anything you know is wrong
c) choose to do only what is right
d) pray for God's help
e) seek friends who love God and can offer help when you are tempted

Running from a tempting situation is your first step on the way to victory.

dwmoeller 09-26-2013 08:59 AM

The Lord knows those who are His. - 2 Timothy 2:19

Thought: God has you in His sight!

bluidkiti 09-26-2013 11:12 AM

September 26

For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:30-31

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep. John 10:11

Romans 8:10 - 10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.