Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2022, 07:12 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - October

October 1

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. —2 Corinthians 4:6

Psalm 91:2, 4 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Philippians 3:13-14 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:1-4 1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 119:73 73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Mark 16:15
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2022, 06:05 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

Proverbs 29:25 – Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.

Isaiah 58:8a – Then your light shall break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up quickly.

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. — Romans 8:28

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. — Hebrews 10:23

2 John 1:6 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:57 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Everything is possible for one who believes. — Mark 9:23

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. — Hebrews 11:1–3

“What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.” (1 Corinthians 2:12, NIV)

Exodus 14:14 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. — Ephesians 2:8–9

Never get tired of doing good. 2 Thessalonians 3:13

Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. —Ephesians 5:20

Colossians 3:23-24 NIV Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:18 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him. Psalm 37:23

James 1:19 – So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

Proverbs 27:1 – Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

1 Corinthians 10:13b – God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15)

1 John 2:17 NIV The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:08 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

Acts 2:21 21 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. —Psalm 16:8

Isaiah 40:31 31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. —Isaiah 55:6

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23
Old 10-06-2022, 04:40 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. —Psalm 62:8

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock Eternal.

Deuteronomy 31:8a – The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

"His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Revelation 1:8 NIV "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Old 10-07-2022, 05:40 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." —Matthew 22:37-38

Exodus 15:2 2 “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. —Psalm 63:1

2 Thessalonians 3:5 NIV May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:11 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” —Revelation 1:8

The Lord your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

1 Corinthians 1:10 NIV I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Hebrews 6:10
Old 10-09-2022, 06:53 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. —Hebrews 13:8

Zephanian 3:17 17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Romans 12:2 – Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Deuteronomy 13:4 – It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 – Rejoice always, pray without ceasing.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. — Psalm 118:8
Old 10-10-2022, 06:36 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Proverbs 19:20-21 – Listen to advice and accept instruction and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Isaiah 63:7a – I will tell of the Lord's unfailing love. I will praise the Lord for all he has done.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. — James 1:2-4

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. — Colossians 3:16

1 Peter 4:10 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:28 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

Ephesians 2:8-10 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

"But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do" (1 Peter 1:15).

Psalm 62:8 – Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

1 Corinthians 1:5 – For in him you have been enriched in every way – with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge.

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. —1 Thessalonians 5:18

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6
Old 10-12-2022, 05:03 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. — Matthew 5:37

Ephesians 2:4-7 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Old 10-13-2022, 06:33 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you. John 15:12

Ephesians 2:8-10 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Colossians 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Jeremiah 29:11 – "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 9:9 – The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

In everything give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

“The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” —Numbers 6:25–26

Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You. Psalm 25:5
Old 10-14-2022, 07:46 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people. Ephesians 1:18

Romans 12:2 – Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Ephesians 5:2b – He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.

O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You; I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure. — Isaiah 25:1

When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4

Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. 1 John 4:16

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. —1 Peter 5:8

2 Samuel 22:29 29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:58 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

'Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.' (Psalms 119:105)

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

Ephesians 6:11 – Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

2 Samuel 7:22 – How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell you. “Don’t be afraid. I will help you.” — Isaiah 41:13

The Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. — Numbers 6:25–26

We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Post New ThreadReply