Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-01-2022, 03:00 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - December

December 1

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

John 1:1-2 and 14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2022, 05:20 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Peter 4:8-11 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Romans 12:2 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. — Colossians 3:12

Proverbs 10:12 NIV Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

Psalm 16:8 – I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48

John 6:35 – Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

Hosea 6:3 3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:35 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 104:33

John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

2 Corinthians 3:17 – Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

James 1:5 NIV If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:15 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 1 Timothy 6:17

John 3:17 – For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 14:6 – Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 10:7,9-10 – Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it the full."

Colossians 3:15a – And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. — Matthew 5:11

Proverbs 16:32 NIV Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:27 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 1 John 3:17

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).

John 8:12 – Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

John 10:14-15 – [Jesus said,] "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep."

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. — 2 Chronicles 7:14

You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. — Jeremiah 29:13

Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you. Romans 15:7

Isaiah 40:28 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:10 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:18).

"He is our God and we are the people of His pasture" (Psalm 95:7).

Jeremiah 29:13 – If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

John 11:25 – [Jesus said,] "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Psalm 138:8a – The Lord will work out his plans for my life.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. — Isaiah 9:6
Old 12-08-2022, 01:47 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

Romans 8:38-39 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. Matthew 9:13

Isaiah 61:10 – I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." —John 14:6
Old 12-09-2022, 05:45 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. — 1 John 4:9

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Psalm 84:12 Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.

Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Matthew 22:37

John 15:5,8 – [Jesus said,] "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. — Philippians 2:3
Old 12-10-2022, 05:43 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

Psalm 16:1,8 1 Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. 8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. Psalm 118:5

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Deuteronomy 18:15 – The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like [Moses] from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Old 12-11-2022, 04:23 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

Matthew 11:28-30 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Psalm 136:23 – It is he who remembered us in our low estate, for his steadfast love endures forever.

The Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. —Isaiah 7:14

Psalm 56:3-4 NIV When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Old 12-12-2022, 06:11 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. 1 Peter 5:6

Choose a good reputation over great riches, for being held in high esteem is better than having silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

“Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” Romans 12:9

Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. Ephesians 3:16

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. — Matthew 5:7

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you His peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Old 12-13-2022, 05:58 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

Ephesians 4:31-32 "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

Let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. Ephesians 5:18

Jesus told [Thomas], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Hebrews 13:5 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Old 12-14-2022, 05:44 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

Thus says the Lord: ‘Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and [intimately] knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,’ says the Lord. — Jeremiah 9:23–24

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Micah 7:7b – I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. — Colossians 3:17

1 John 3:18 NIV Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Philippians 4:4
Old 12-15-2022, 05:07 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Hebrews 10:23 – Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. — James 5:16

Isaiah 41:10 NIV Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Post New ThreadReply