Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2024, 08:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - June 14

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

We may not know what the future holds, but we can trust the One Who holds the future.

God's love is one thing we can always count on.

Pray when you feel discouraged.

In times of suffering, we shouldn't turn inward to self-pity or outward to revenge, but turn upward to God.

God's love for us never changes, even when we've failed.

God's love is too wonderful to keep a secret.

Do all things for the glory of God.

Lord, Take Control
That title sounds familiar. I suspect if I were to go back through the archives of articles I have written, sermons I have preached and devotionals I have read or delivered, there would probably be no more common theme that the prayer, "Lord, take control."
The prayer has been prayed in times of decision and indecision. The prayer has been prayed during times of turmoil and frustration and confusion. The prayer has been prayed in hospital rooms, intensive care units, in business meetings, before, during and after surgery, in times of fear, and times of great confidence. The prayer has been prayed while standing next to a crib, while standing next to a hospital bed, and while standing next to a casket.
There have been many times after praying the prayer that I have experienced a sense of peace and quiet comfort has washed over me. There have been other times after praying the prayer that I have been consumed with fear and overcome with panic. There have been times when I felt that He really took control. There have been times when I wondered why He did not take control. And there have been times when I did not feel or sense anything.
So what makes the difference?
The difference seems to be found not in the prayer, whether prayed one time or a dozen times. The difference seems to be found in whether or not I have also incorporated an attitude of submission and surrender. Not only is it essential that I pray, "Lord, take control!" I must also pray, "I surrender" or "I am in submission to You."
I can pray, "Lord, take control!" all night and all day, but unless I submit to His control it is futile. I can beg and plead, "Lord, take control!" with all the sincerity and emotion I can muster, but it is not until I truly submit that I will experience the power of God at work in my life.
Job said it this way, "Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you" (Job 22:21, NIV).
James said this, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7, NIV).
I must yield to His control. I must surrender to His will. I must give up my control and allow Him to take control. I must defer to His leadership. I must give in to His plans.
Lord, take control. I surrender. --Tom

REGRET CITY
I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of year, and yet I found myself packing rather hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no real good would come of it. This is my annual "Guilt Trip."
I got tickets to fly there on "Wish-I-Had" airlines. It was an extremely short flight. I got my "baggage," which I could not check. I chose to carry it myself all the way. It was loaded down with a thousand memories of "what might have been."
No one greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City International Airport. I say international because people from all over the world come to this dismal town. As I checked into the "Last Resort" Hotel, I noticed that they would be hosting the year's most important event; the annual "Pity Party."
I wasn't going to miss that great social occasion. Many of the towns leading citizens would be there. First, there would be the "Done" family; you know, "Should have," "Would Have" and "Could Have." Then came the "I Had" family. You probably know old "Wish" and his clan. Of course, the "Opportunities" family; "Missed and lost," would be present. The biggest family there would
be the "Yesterday's."
There are far too many of them to count, but each one would have a very sad story to share. Of course, " Shattered dreams" would surely make and appearance. "It's Their fault" family would regale us with stories (excuses) about how things had failed in their life. Each story would be loudly applauded by the "Don't blame me" and "I couldn't help it" committee. To make a long story short, I went to this depressing party, knowing full well there would be no real benefit in doing so. And, as usual, I became very depressed. But as I thought about all of the stories of failures brought back from the past, it occurred to me that this trip and subsequent
"pity parties" Could be canceled by me!
I started to realize that I did not have to be there. And I didn't have to be depressed. One thing kept going through my mind, I can't change yesterday, But I do have the power to make today a wonderful day. I can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged, as well as being encouraging. Knowing this, I left Regret City immediately, and didn't leave a forwarding address. Am I sorry for mistakes I've made in the past? Yes! But there is no way to undo them. So, if you're planning a trip back to Regret City, please cancel all those reservations now. Instead, take a trip to a nice place called: "Starting Again."
I like it so much that I made it my permanent residence. My neighbors, the "Been forgiven" and the "We're saved" are so very helpful. By the way, you don't have to carry around the heavy baggage anymore either. That load is lifted from your shoulders upon arrival. Just thank God for salvation.
If you need directions, just look into your heart, and enter by "Grace way." No taxes or other cost. God's Son paid the price, in full, for all sins and transgressions, a long time ago. Look me up if you're ready for a total change in your life. I now live on "His Will Way." Sincerely, "Born again. --Author Unknown

GOOD FRUITS OR SOUR GRAPES
I have noticed something recently. I am not as angry as I used to be. I am not as grouchy either. I don't complain nearly as much as I used to. I am not as worried or afraid as I once was. I can't think of anyone or anything that I really hate either. Now I don't think it is because I have mellowed with age. Quite frankly, I am not that old yet. Besides I know people a lot older than me who are a lot grouchier. I also know people a lot younger than me who are already way more mellow than I will ever be. Maybe it is that I just don't have as much room for those things inside me anymore. When life squeezes you what is on the inside comes out. If you are full of sour grapes then you will give the world vinegar. If you are full of good fruits then you will give the world orange juice. Maybe my good fruits are finally ripening while my sour grapes are dying on the vine. Maybe I am finally gardening my soul the way that God wants me to.
One thing I do know, however, is that the more you fill your heart, soul, and mind with love and thankfulness the less room there is for anything else. The more you love God, yourself, and others the less room there is for anger and hate. The more you thank God for your life and every good thing in it the less room there is for fear and worry. The more good fruits you plant and care for the less room there is for sour grapes in the garden of your life.
May you always fill your heart, soul, and mind with wonderful love and glorious gratitude then. May you always feel God's perfect love hugging your heart and uplifting your soul. May you always be so full of the good fruits of love, joy, and thankfulness that not a single sour grape can be squeezed out of you. Remember, you are the gardener and your life is the harvest. Plant well, water often, and always invite others to the feast. --Joseph J. Mazzella

The Problem Is “Never” the Problem
"A man who refuses to admit his mistakes can never be successful. But if he confesses and forsakes them, he gets another chance" (Proverbs 28:13 TLB).
In teaching classes and counseling hurting often remind them that the problem is never the problem and the pain we feel is not the pain that is. This usually takes a while to sink in.
In most difficulties and conflicts what we see is the presenting problem which, more often than not, is the symptom of a deeper problem or “the fruit of a deeper root.”
As someone else said, “When we have unresolved problems/issues, God is merciful in that he gives us symptoms.” Relational
conflicts, anxiety, insomnia, depression, addictions, spiritual dryness, physical ills.
There are any of a score of other symptoms that can be caused or greatly aggravated by unresolved guilt over past unconfessed sins, a deeply buried resentment and a failure to forgive someone from a past hurt, unresolved grief from the loss of a love, or rebelling against the will of God, etc., etc.
The roots of some of these issues can go all the way back to early childhood. All need to be confronted and resolved if we are to
fully live and fully love, and maintain sound physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual well-being.
Furthermore, many physical symptoms can be symbolic. Some ulcers, for example, are not caused by what we eat but by what is eating us. Tension headaches can be from jamming up anger in our head.
Aching shoulders may be caused by feeling under a heavy load and so on. And if I have a pain in the neck ... I may be one, or have
someone or some situation in my life that I feel is a pain in the neck!
Tracing symptoms to their causes and resolving these opens the door for healing and recovery. If we don’t connect to and resolve the original pain that is the root cause of our symptoms, we will suffer the on going pain of the symptoms. This is what I mean by saying, “the pain we feel is not the pain that is.”
After David confessed his sin, he said, "What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! What relief for those who have
confessed their sins and God has cleared their record. There was a time when I wouldn't admit what a sinner I was.
But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration. All day and all night your hand was heavy on me. My
strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them. I said to
myself, 'I will confess them to the Lord.' And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone."
Our God, is a God of a second chance... If this message applies to you, take the time to take inventory of your life, and give them all to Jesus, so He can deliver you from all the weight that you have been carrying. He can set you free. FREE, INDEED! --Love, Mrs.P
David gives us an excellent example to follow.
Suggested prayer: “Dear God, no matter what symptoms I have in my life, if they are the fruit of a deeper root, please give me the courage to see and confront these. And please lead me to the help I need to resolve them. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus’ name, amen.” 1. Psalm 33:1-5, (TLB).

Burst Of Wisdom
It's been reported that intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. If that's true, why hasn't some entrepreneur come up with zinc/copper hair spray? They could call it Zair Spray. Remember, you heard it here first -- brains in a can!
Everything comes in a spray can these days. Don't you wish we could buy a spray can full of common sense? I'll bet that right now you are thinking of someone you could use it on. If we don't have common sense, we would probably look in the mirror and then spray it on the mirror. It's a shame that common sense isn't very common.
If only we had the wisdom of God for those decisions we have to make today. As a child of God, you do have the privilege of asking God to borrow some of His wisdom in helping you make the right choice. The book of Proverbs is loaded with thoughts on wisdom, like this quotation from Prov. 2:6 (niv), "For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."
Whatever you face today, don't go it alone -- ask God to give you a burst of His wisdom. You'll face today with more confidence.
--E-Cheer

Beneath The Berry Patch
John 15:5 - I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (NKJV)
Last summer, we went raspberry and blueberry picking. After a short ride to the field on a tractor, we arrived at the designated place for picking the fruit. We were each given an area of the row to pick in. As I looked left and right, as far as my eyes could see, were berries. As I glanced ahead and behind me, again all I could see was row upon row of berries. As we began to fill our baskets, we were in awe at the abundance of fruit to be picked, and then as I got down on the ground and began to lift the branches up, I found there was even more fruit to be seen.
>From our first glance at the bushes, we thought we were seeing a lot of fruit, and we were happy with this. Yet it wasn't until I got down closer to the bushes and looked under the branches that I was able to see even more fruit.
Our walk as Christians can resemble the fruit on the bushes. We can choose to go through our walk with Jesus and be happy with the things He has to offer on the surface, or we can choose to get down on our knees and grow deeper in our walk and love of Him. As we delve into our walk with Him, He can show us how to include Him more and more in our walk.
John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (NKJV)
Prayer: Dear Jesus, please help us to bear much fruit in Your name. We want to look deeper into the lives of the people we meet. Help us to be a witness and to glorify Your name in all that we say and do. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen. --Julie Bowles

"Why Your Service Has Been Interrupted"
OK, so there are more bills to pay than you've got money to pay them. You have to make some choices. There's one I bet you'll really try to pay. You'll probably pay the telephone bill. The phone company has a very effective way of getting your attention. You let your bill go past the payment deadline and pretty soon you'll get this little notice. It goes something like this: "If you don't settle your bill right away, your service will be cut off." It's amazing how a service cutoff can help you set your priorities!
Our word for today from the Word of God comes from some of the most preached on words in the Bible - and maybe some of the least acted on. II Chronicles 7:14, with the introduction of v. 13, "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among My people, if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Notice God's terms here, "if you ... then I." To be in a position to receive God's healing of what's hurting and broken, we have to humbly pray; we have to seek His face. But let's focus on that last and maybe most neglected step. A lot of people get that far. They humble themselves, they pray, and they seek His face. It's that last step where a lot of us fall short, "If My people ... will turn from their wicked ways, then will I..." God seems to be saying, "As long as you're hanging onto that sinful practice, that sinful attitude, or that sinful way you treat people, I can't open up heaven and bless you." In other words, your service will be interrupted until that outstanding spiritual bill is settled.
Maybe you've wondered why a repeated prayer hasn't been answered, or why things have come unglued, or why you're going through the pain you're facing, or why things don't change! Maybe it's because you haven't changed!
Now, there can be other reasons God hasn't seemed to answer. Maybe He's asking you to wait, or He's taking His time to enlarge your faith in Him, or He's preparing to do a larger miracle than the one you even asked for. But the first explanation we should consider is this: "Is there a sinful action, a sinful attitude, or a wrong relationship that I haven't let go of? Am I hanging onto a stubborn sin? Am I excusing what God wants me to be refusing?"
God accepts only one response to sin, not rationalizing it, not excusing it, not comparing yourself to other people. He says, "Turn from it!" Do you want God's best? Then deal with the "wicked ways" that are holding back the very answers you're seeking. The Lord has so much He wants to give you, so much He's ready to fix, and so many mountains He wants to move in your life. But His holy hand may be held back by some unrepented, unforsaken sin.
The difficulties you've been experiencing might be God's warning notice! If it seems like God's service in your life has been interrupted, check your account with Him and settle what's come between you. --Ron Hutchcraft

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, there are some challenging assignments before you, but I tell you to take courage day by day as you face these opportunities. And, trust in Me every step of the way. I send you forth to conquer and gain the victory over every situation that arises. Rise up in the strength and power of My might and perform the duties that I have set before you with boldness and without excuse, says the Lord.
Jeremiah 1:7-8 But the LORD said to me: "Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you," says the LORD.

You are in a season where diligence will pay big dividends. Conversely, procrastination will result in hindrances that will be difficult to overcome. Be wise in your choices when it comes to the optimum use of your time and energy. I am with you to direct your steps if you will yield to the moving of My Spirit. However, when you procrastinate you lag behind My timing, says the Lord.
2 Peter 3:14b Be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless.

What are these burdens you bear? They are not yours to carry, but are Mine to attend to. Cause them to be borne on the wind of the Spirit as you release these things in prayer to Me. And, trust Me to hear your prayers and to take action. Consider which is more effective -- your own human effort to work things out or My divine intervention into the circumstances that concern you. I tell you that I am able to move on your behalf in ways that you have not yet even imagined, says the Lord.
Matthew 21:22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Wisdom is the key that you will need to unlock and open the door that will allow you to break through to higher ground. You have endured the suffering of hindrances and delays long enough. Seek Me for the wisdom you need to step into the next phase of life experience. Remember that I am with you to lead, guide, direct and protect you. Do not go out ahead of Me or lag behind; you would do this by being focused either on the future or on the past. Stay in the safety of the eternal now, says the Lord.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Be calm and resolute as you encounter threatening or intimidating circumstances. Do not react hastily, but rather seek wisdom and understanding before proceeding. Refuse to allow your emotions to drive you to places you do not want to be. Wait on Me, says the Lord, and I will go before you to make a way through this maze of confusion. Trust Me.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Lord Make Me A Blessing
Lord, I want to be a blessing here
To show to others how much I care.
Many is hurting and don't know the way,
Lord will you send me to someone today?
My friend was hurting and in so much pain,
Then I prayed to my Father in Jesus name,
How she needed you to come into her life,
As Christians prayed, she found the light.
This Light is Jesus, He is always near,
Many just struggle but Jesus does care,
Oh how I pray that others will proclaim,
Use me Lord, I'll plead in Jesus name.
Lord there are others with so many hurts,
Who have been serving you since their birth,
I pray daily their needs you will supply,
Lord you are the answer, on you I can rely.
Lord, make me a blessing to help in all the hurt,
Let me share in someone's burden today,
As I talk to you won't you hear each prayer,
I want to be like Jesus, His love to share.
Lord help me care while souls are being tossed,
With the nail and your love you paid the great cost,
I'll fall on my knees and talk to you in prayer,
Please dear Jesus, Will you answer my prayer?
2006 Bernice Ward

He was just a little boy,
on a week's first day.
Wandering home from Sunday School,
and dawdling on the way.
He scuffed his shoes into the grass;
he even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod,
and blew out all the "filler."
A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
so wisely placed up so high.
Was just another wonder,
that caught his eager eye.
A neighbor watched his zig zag course,
and hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
and what was going on.
"I've been to Bible School ,"
he said and turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying,
"I've learned a lot about God."
"M'm very fine way,"the neighbor said,
"for a boy to spend his time."
"If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime."
Quick as a flash the answer came!
Nor were his accents faint.
"I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
if you can tell me where God ain't."
~Author unknown

Let Go And Let God
Turn loose and let God have His way in your heart;
Spend time in His word, and pray that His truth He will impart.
When satan comes against you, stand firm on God's word,
You'll find it's as powerful as a two edged sword.
Don't try to change those that you love;
Lift them up in prayer to the Father above.
Love and patience is what we can give;
Let God be their teacher and show them how they should live.
Don't listen to voices or to lies you have heard;
Put your trust in no man and put your faith in the Lord.
All that satan has stolen will be restored;
And one day in heaven you'll receive your reward.
God is faithful and loving, what He says He will do,
He's your refuge and fortress to which you can cling too!
When your faced with problems and can't seem to cope,
He'll be there to help you for He's our ' Blessed Hope!'
On God and His word you can always depend;
He'll dry all your tears and your heartaches He'll mend.
He is not a God who is out there somewhere..
But is always available and hears every prayer.
He'll lead us in the pathway that we ought to go;
His wisdom and knowledge through us will flow!
He'll teach us the way He'd have us to live;
Instead of just taking we'll learn how to give!
God Loves You! And so do I....
"One of God's Kids"
--Helen Johnson

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. Psalm 94:18

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

. . .a great multitude, which no one could number, from all nations and tribes and peoples and languages will stand before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes with palm branches in their hands, and will cry out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" Revelation 7:9-10

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:17-20

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "—and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:13-16

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Unconditional love.
Have you done without something, given up something, or went without so that someone else may benefit? If you are a parent the answer is definitely “yes”. You act this way out of love. Love moves you to do things that you ordinarily would not. Love is capable of causing you to put others before yourself without so much as a thought. Sure it is technically a sacrifice, but at the time it is not thought of that way. It is merely an act of love that more often than not will go unnoticed and unappreciated. Still you do it, over and over again because of total and complete, unconditional love.
The greatest example of this is God’s love. The Father gave His only Son, Jesus because of unconditional love. Jesus died for you because of unconditional love. You may understand and be thankful for this great gift but many do not recognize this most amazing display of love. How unfortunate this is. All God’s people should be prayerful, praiseful, and thankful. Be sure that you include praise and thanksgiving in your day. Remember to let God know just how much you appreciate all He has done and is doing for you. Let Him know that you love Him. Honor Him by the way you live. Do what you can to share God’s love with those around you. Especially those that you may feel don’t deserve love. They are the ones that need love the most.
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10
--Gail Lindsay

The Big Choice is Ours
“Come to me…and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
It is possible to learn much about God’s invitation and never respond to it personally. Yet his invitation is clear and nonnegotiable. He gives all and we give him all. Simple and absolute. He is clear in what he asks and clear in what he offers. The choice is up to us.
Isn’t it incredible that God leaves the choice to us? Think about it. There are many things in life we can’t choose. We can’t, for example, choose the weather. We can’t control the economy.
We can’t choose whether or not we are born with a big nose or blue eyes or a lot of hair. We can’t even choose how people respond to us.
But we can choose where we spend eternity. The big choice, God leaves to us. The critical decision is ours.
What are you doing with God’s invitation? --Max Lucado

I am grateful to You, O God, for the blessing of your forgiveness. I thank You that in Christ, You set me free from the guilt of the past and give me hope for the future. Amen

Read Through The Bible
Joel 1
1 The word of the Lord that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. 2 Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers? 3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation. 4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten. 5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth. 6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion. 7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white. 8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth. 9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the Lord; the priests, the Lord's ministers, mourn. 10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth. 11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished. 12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men. 13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God. 14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry unto the Lord, 15 Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come. 16 Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God? 17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered. 18 How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate. 19 O Lord, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field. 20 The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.
I want to ask you please to keep,
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.
Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.
I thank you God, for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall..
Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.
So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You, too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!
P.S. Please bless all my friends and family too.
Author Unknown

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply